Monday, November 22, 2010

Feeling much better now

My head is clear once again and the headache is gone but experience has taught me to keep up the regimen of nasal spray, echinacea and nose-blowing for a bit longer so I don't have a relapse.  But it's good not to feel so crummy anymore.

Aside from lack of sleep, that is.  I had one last night (I hope) of coughing that woke me up.  Not a lot of it but what was there woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep until about 7:30 a.m.  I slept until about 10:30 and then got up for the day but I've been dragging around and took an hour nap around 3 p.m.  Woke up to a heavy rain and thunder but I'd love to go back to sleep.

So I'm cooking supper so I can get to bed early tonight.  I need to be up early tomorrow morning to get a load of clothes out on the line as it looks like the only good day for a week or so.  I'll wash a load tonight so I can hang them out first thing.  It will be pretty cold tomorrow...in the 30s...but I'll hang them out until the sun sets, then bring them in and whatever didn't dry can go on hangars and racks. 

I'm almost done with one mitten/flap and am still plugging away on the afghan.  I'm in a mood to continue crocheting them so I'm going to tackle a baby afghan next since I have so much baby sport yarn I can use.  That way I can use up my stash and still enjoy crocheting afghans.  I'll find an interesting pattern to work with.

I didn't get any cleaning done today due to lack of energy but I hope to get the house cleaned up so I can enjoy Thanksgiving Day in a clean house.  I also would like to start walking Professor daily since he's gotten pudgy over the past winter and never lost it this past summer.  I can sure use the exercise myself.  I do want to incorporate some walking alone time though as I need that isolation and interaction with Nature to restore my soul on a daily basis.  Or near daily basis as the weather here can get brutal in the winter.  Just thankful I don't have to drive to Fond du Lac like I have the past several years.  I'm really enjoying staying home.

I have to take some stuff back to the library tomorrow so Zach and I are going to Pizza Hut tomorrow instead of Wednesday.  I have some bills to pay as well and he needs to make a payment on his student loan so he has to transfer some money.  Get it all done in one trip so I don't have to go back this weekend or on Black Friday.  I do not shop on that day at all.  I don't think we'll be exchanging gifts this Christmas anyway, aside from a gift for Zach.  Just can't afford it.

I'm going to make some crackers out of empty toilet paper rolls since we used the last of them last Christmas.  I can make some hats to put in there and buy some notions or something that will fit in them.  Something useful, like travel sized hand lotion or trinkets that we might actually use.  Then wrap them up in Christmas paper.  They won't pop when we open them, but it will be okay.

I'm not putting the tree up early this year.  I get sick of it if I've got it up too early but I will change my altar over to Yule after the first of December.  I'm more excited about that than Christmas anyway.  So is Zach.

I have a lot on the dvr to watch although some things I'm just deleting without watching.  At the time they seemed like a good idea but when it came to sitting down to watch them, it just bored me.  I started on the first season of Farscape, too.  I had already watched an episode of it when I got out an old tape of the mini-series, The Shining (truer to the book than the Kubrick disaster), and there were commercials for Farscape on it.  I love watching old tapes so I can see the old commercials. 

I saw Alice in Wonderland finally and loved it.  Is there anything Johnny Depp can't do?  Looking forward to Harry Potter but we'll wait for the crowds to thin out a bit.  I can't enjoy a movie in a crowded theater.  Actually Zach and I have had a few private viewings before because we only go to matinees (cheaper) and only after the movie has been out a while.  I doubt we'll be the only ones in the theater with Harry Potter though because we're not waiting too long to see it this time.

And Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be out soon enough, too.  We only go once or twice a year to the movies since we get free movies on television and the library.  And when this two years is up, I think I'll drop the movie channels and keep the digital channels because I'm watching mostly documentaries anyway.  And I can get most any movie from the library free of charge.  If I'm willing to wait long enough.

But I won't give up the dvr unless I have to for financial reason.  I love it because the vcr doesn't work really well anymore and you can't watch and tape at the same time.  Not to mention the dvr recording series for me instead of me having to program it.

Well, supper is starting to smell done:  chicken nuggets and french fries with sweet and sour sauce dipping.  Trying to find ways to eat out without going out the door.  I'm much more of a homebody in the winter.

TTFN

1 comment:

Rue said...

Glad your headache is gone!

Making crackers sounds like fun - I'd love filling them with little toys & such. I made them for Halloween one year - but haven't tried doing them for Xmas.