Thursday, November 4, 2010

A restful day

I'm feeling a bit better today.  I got 8 hours of sleep last night and a 2 hour nap today.  But I'm still very much lethargic and not getting much done.  I have managed some knitting and some reading but no housework.  It's raining out right now and supposed to turn to snow later so I'm glad I got the curtains up at least.  Tomorrow I'll worry about tacking the curtains on the sides so the cold doesn't escape into the house through that.

Tom is planning on caulking the windows Sunday as he has to work on Saturday again.

I resisted going to the store today and hope to resist going tomorrow.  I'm trying not to go just because it's my "day" to go.  We're not in need just now so any trip would be out of habit rather than need.  I have some bad habits to change if we're going to make it this winter.

Got the gas and electric bill today. It's under $80, which is great.  And the temperature in the house today was in the low 60s, amazingly so the curtains must be doing something good.  I've got some of my snakes up in the windows I normally put plastic on.  I just need to crochet some more now.  In addition to my frantic knitting on Christmas presents.

I've got tons of things on dvr to watch and some dvds from the library to get through this weekend so I should get a lot of knitting and crocheting done.  Now that I can tape things again, I've been watching a lot of the History Channel and National Geographic.  I'm an ancient history buff so I love anything on that subject.  I've seen a few shows on Egypt this week and have more to go.  Plus Ancients Behaving Badly.  I like that one, too.

Not to mention all the other stuff I watch, like knitting and crafting shows and paranormal stuff.  I really haven't had a lot of time for movies of late although I fell asleep watching District 9 last night and woke up to it as well.  Odd how that turned out.

I talked to my mother last night and she's 21 years older than me and I'm not 58.  I lose track of those things.  She's doing well, cozying up for winter herself.  I learned a lot from her about these things. 

Since I did a lot of nothing today I've got much of nothing to report so I'm off to finish up supper and then back to bed.  I plan on crashing early again tonight.  I know you can't catch up on sleep but you can increase your energy levels when you get 8 hours consistently so I'm hoping I'll eventually get there.

TTFN

No comments: