Friday, November 12, 2010

Enough is enough

Drat!  Another all-nighter which left me dragging all day.  I think I will pop one of the over the counter sleeping pills tonight to see if I can get back on track with sleeping.  I have a lot of work to do and it's not getting done, not to mention there is much I could be doing in the way of frugality that unfortunately takes energy I don't have.

Something has to change because I just can't keep doing this.  I love my dog but he's not letting me sleep again.  Aside from locking him in the bathroom, which isn't an option, I don't know how to change this.  He's been waking me up two to three times a night to go stand on the porch and just look around.  He's not wee-ing out there.  Just observing.  If I don't get up he barks at me.  I think I'll just put the pillow over my head and ignore him tonight.  I have to change his habits once and for all.

I did get some knitting done in between naps today. Mostly on the remaining mitten.  I'll probably work on Zach's hat tonight as a change.  And maybe the poncho/tabard thing.  I'm going to finish it. 

Very soon I need to wash the rugs from the back hallway and get back to winterizing the house.  It's not too bad so if I don't get the plastic up the next day or so we'll still be fine.  I don't anticipate using the furnace for a while.  We did need it for a couple of days but the weather is still warm enough we don't need it now.  Maybe I'll make it to Thanksgiving before we need it again.

Off to find my little blue pills and read for a bit before watching some dvr stuff and then an early night if the pills work soon enough.

TTFN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel you. I was exhausted today because the c-pap machine is keeping me up (and then I was weepy all day today). I have SO MUCH to do, it's ridiculous. You and me, taking the OTCs tonight. :) Sleep well my friend, sleep well.

Kathy said...

My dad uses a c-pap machine but they have it in the adjacent room so the noise doesn't keep them awake.

How'd you do sleeping with the OTCs?

knittingdragonflies said...

I had a dream that I knitted a poncho, and I kept trying to put in on, and it kept unraveling!
I woke up exhausted
Ugh..
Vicki