Friday, November 19, 2010

So glad I got that flu shot

I may survive this yet.  I'm still waking up to cough a lot but I'm feeling a bit more aware and awake.  Tom just left for deer hunting but since the season doesn't start until tomorrow morning, the deer widow posts won't start until then either.  Today I'm just going to lie around and knit.  I have hot dogs for supper but I'm still not back to normal (what's that???) so I don't feel like doing a lot of cooking.  I have great plans to do a lot of cleaning while he's gone but that may be a case of overestimating my stamina.  We'll see.

Off to nap for a while and then watch a ton of stuff on the dvr before it gets filled up and get some knitting done.  I ended up giving Tom my mother's mittens/flaps and scarf to give to his brother's wife for letting them have deer camp at their cabin this year.  I couldn't find anything at the store that didn't look last minute or obviously from StuffMart.  So now I have more mittens and a scarf to knit for my mom.  In deep red this time.

I'm also crocheting a ripple afghan because I had a craving for one.  I used to crochet afghans all the time.  In fact, I've got some here that have survived intact for over 22 years.  And they still look in pretty good shape in spite of frequent usage.  Red Heart supersaver.  Which is what I'm using now.  I'm using up the yarn I bought to make hats and scarves.  I'll need more, for sure, but getting a couple of skeins a week won't break me.

Although we are close to being in dire straits from the hunting trip and a few unexpected expenses.  We're going to have to hunker down into tightwad extreme in order to pay the first installment on the property taxes.

On the bright side, Matt Smith (Doctor Who #11) is growing on me.  I'm enjoying him as the eleventh Doctor.

TTFN

No comments: