Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I won't be posting tomorrow because it is my truly vacation day of the whole year.  I don't cook or clean or do laundry.  I eat and eat and knit and watch movies or marathons.  But I don't work.

So today I've been busy cleaning and mopping and finishing up the plastic on the windows.  I'm glad to be done except for supper and the clean up from that.  I talked to my parents today because they have a houseful on the big day and you can't talk to anyone because while you're on the phone with them, they're actually listening to someone else talk, not you.  I got tired of being treated like that and just quit calling on the day.  I talk to my parents before when it's nice and quiet and there is no competition.

We had some snowflakes today but it didn't last long and didn't stick. It's raining now, however, and I have no idea what will happen when the temperature goes below freezing.  Aside from letting Professor out for a wee, I won't be out in it but I do hope people who are take care.  They're usually pretty good about driving in inclement weather around here.  You have the occasional idiot but most people are careful and take their time.

I'm off to finish up supper and relax until Friday when I plan on attacking the house systematically and doing some deeper cleaning.  I'm not going to try to do it all at once, though, but will muddle through the whole winter.  In the spring I plan on doing some painting in the kitchen and bathroom.  Some day I'll get to the rest of the house but those rooms need it most.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

TTFN

No comments: