Sunday, November 7, 2010

How did I do that?

I can't believe I didn't go online yesterday.  In fact, I didn't even think of it until the wee hours of this morning.  I had a spectacular day of laundry, winterizing and knitting and crocheting.  I made another snake for the windows but I'm thinking of putting plastic on anyway.  I keep thinking of the daylight hours with the windows leaking heat like a sieve.  Even with the snakes.

Professor went awol yesterday.  I swear he put his cloak of invisibility on when I went to let him out the back door because I never saw him.  Next thing I knew he was panting his "kill chipmunk" pant in the neighbor's garage.  Fortunately he came when I called him.  Normally he will just stand at the door waiting for the click of the leash on his collar.  Who knows what called him out and made him go against his training?

Now that it's winter we are having a battle of will over shutting the front inside door when the dog is out front.  Someone maintains it's just for a couple of minutes while I maintain in those couple of minutes we're losing a lot of heat which, like, costs money.  I suspect we will have this battle all winter.  We always do.  I have been known to go down to the basement in the middle of winter and find someone has opened up the basement windows because it's stuffy down there.  For someone who complains about not having enough money, someone is sure cavalier about making sure we're not throwing money in the trash.  'Nuff said.

I put suet out yesterday.  I think it's cold enough the birds need it now.  I found it in a case of ten at much cheaper than by the brick.  I haven't seen them use it yet but some of it is missing.

I hung out two loads of clothes yesterday that dried beautifully in the brisk wind.  But I'm not going to hang out the white clothes anymore because of the time it consumes and the number of little items and the need to have underwear that doesn't feel like cardboard.  It does help to heat up the house so I'm not feeling too frivolous.  At least not today.  The colored clothes will definitely go out on the line or the racks though.  Every little bit, you know.

I got some sleep two nights in a row but this morning I woke up (due to the front door not being shut when Professor went out) early and couldn't get back to sleep.  Fuming doesn't help one relax enough to sleep, you know.  I'm not feeling energetic today like I did yesterday so I'm convinced sleep is the key to getting control of my fatigue.  Now how to manage to get sleep.  That's the biggest problem.

As much as I hate to go to the store again today, I'm going anyway.  Mostly because I need to be alone for a while.  But also because I have run out of gel pens, which I use to write in my journals and such.  I've always been a bit picky about the pens I use to write with.  They must be dark black, medium point and thick to hold.  When gel pens came out I thought I was in heaven because they are perfect for my needs.  I used to be so bad about writing that I would tear a paper out of my notebook if I made a single mistake on it.  And do it over until I had it perfect.  Now I scratch mistakes out and just go on.  Frugality has a lot to do with that.

I also want to look around for something to hold my mother's Christmas scarf closed.  I didn't make it long enough to wrap around her neck because they really don't warm you up much that way.  Just something around the neck under the coat.  But I'd like something like a shawl pin only smaller to close it so it doesn't flop open.  I might look in the hair accessory section.  Or the craft section.

And of course, more plastic for the windows.  I hate the process but I'll rest better knowing I've done all I can to keep the heat in and the cold out.

Off to eat some breakfast before I go.

TTFN

No comments: