Monday, June 21, 2010

No more dieting...ever...I hope

We're in a tornado watch so I'm not doing much of anything beyond watching the radar and the lovely red and yellow colors.  Who knew storms were so colorful?

I mentioned before on this blog that I don't diet anymore.  Well, I had a relapse a few months ago due to the doctor threatening me with heart attacks and problems with my diabetes.  Sure enough, I've gained back the 10 pounds I lost and then some.  At least another ten pounds.  And of course my mother had a lot to say about dieting, particularly quoting Doctor Oz whoever the heck he is (I'm pretty sure he's the second coming the way she talked about him.)  I finally gave up defending myself and just sat there seething because nagging helps so much when you're trying to lose weight.

So I'm back to just trying to eat less and better and exercise.  Only today I was still so tired that I didn't do much of anything. I cleaned indoors and didn't do laundry because it was supposed to rain but I could have done a few loads before it finally did rain.  Maybe tomorrow.  I don't want to use the dryer or the dishwasher anymore.  I'm working on triple tightwad mode now, trying to recoup the money I spent on the trip to my parents' house.

Things are looking up inside and I'm calmer about it.  A cluttered and dirty house makes me unsettled to the degree that I'm nervous and edgy.  I got my stuff unpacked and put away and the bachelor mess cleaned up.  I won't get to vacuuming until tomorrow but at least it's cleaner and you can now walk through the living room.  Mostly.

Very soon I plan on crawling into bed and picking up my knitting again.  I'm going to frog the sweater as I really want to focus on shawls right now.  I'm going to go through my stash of patterns to find something as I don't feel like printing anything out tonight.  I'd love to do a triangular shawl but my circular needles aren't long enough.  I tried once before and ended up having to rip it all because I only got halfway before I ran out.  I do have several circular size 8s so it's possible I could work that way but we'll see what I can find out there.  Maybe there is a pattern out there that does half the triangle at a time and sew them together.

Or maybe I should get back to work on the shopping bag.  I ended up frogging the one I was knitting because, even though I cut the size back by half, it was still huge.  I can't remember how I knit the one I use.  Luckily I've got the time to figure it out.

I didn't do any reading or writing today.  Too much clutter in the house makes clutter in my brain and I can't concentrate.  And tonight I've got the storm in the forefront of my mind.  But maybe tomorrow I'll start managing my time better and be more productive.  And energetic.  I hate this fatigue so much!  I have so much I want to do and so little energy to do it.

Off to bed and knitting and A Touch of Frost.  I'm planning on keeping the tv on in the living room in case the storm veers our way.

TTFN

No comments: