Friday, June 25, 2010

Hoping I can stay out of the car next week

I'm determined to get my errands down to one day a week because I'm getting nothing done but errands.  I do plan on finishing up the kitchen tonight.  I ran out of steam last night, ending up in bed by 9:30 with the lights out.  I fell asleep immediately but woke up about an hour later when Professor needed outside.  Zach was in bed himself or he would have let him out.  Zach's been running a fever the past couple of days and he rarely runs a fever.  Much like his mother.  It's ranged from 101.5 to around 99.5.  I have no idea what's going on with him but he feels lethargic and just generally crummy but no overt symptoms.

I get nervous about stuff like this because he has no medical insurance.

At any rate, I didn't get back to sleep for another hour or so and slept for a few more hours until Tom got home.  He's been working some outrageous hours, tons of overtime, which he doesn't get because he's salary.  And working at a 22% pay cut at that.  AND he has to work tomorrow as well.

I didn't get back to sleep until around 3 a.m. and woke up at 8 when Professor went into hysterics because his rat bastard chipmunk was outside the window taunting him.  I couldn't shut him up and had to get up to let him out.  I never got back to sleep.

I shouldn't complain though.  At least I can nap if I need to.  Tom has to work these insane hours with little sleep.  And it's not because he can't sleep.  It's because he's not home to sleep.

I love the curtains.  Tom likes them, too, but Zach doesn't get it.  I've got two different patterns in curtains.  One window has a tiny floral pattern in Tuscan colors.  The other is a bold check in Tuscan colors.  I told him that since it's a tiny kitchen, either pattern on both windows would overwhelm the room.  Having one of each seems to balance it out.  Now I just need to clean the kitchen so you'll notice the curtains and not the mess.

Not sure what to fix for supper.  Tom will want something light since he's going to go directly to bed so I'm thinking grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  Not too heavy on the protein and not too burdensome on the stomach.  Easy to fix, too.

Tomorrow I hope to work outside and finish up my herbs and flowers planting and get some weeding done.  Full moon and lunar eclipse tomorrow night so I'd like to go out to enjoy it.  But tonight I'm intending to get caught up on some cleaning and maybe some television watching and knitting.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I try to do one errand a day after work, not always possible, but that way my day off is not eaten up with running around.
Hope Zack feels better.
Dang that stinks about all of OT without the pay that Tom has to work.
Enjoy your yard work
Vicki