Thursday, August 28, 2008

One of the longest days of my life

I've just spent 11 hours in the car. Well not 11 hours totally in the car, but at least 10 hours was spent there. This was Zach's long day at school. He has a class from 12:30-4:30 and 6-10. The first class got out at 2 so we had 4 hours to kill until the second one. I took a nap in the back seat while he played on his ds. Then we went to see the Colonel (KFC) because I was sick of sitting in the car. While there we found a McDonald's and a Subway and a Taco Bell so our choices from now on will be healthier. And we will make them, because trying to fix two meals for two people, plus all the other stuff I take along is a pain where I sit down. So from now on we'll eat before we leave every day and take a sandwich on Tuesday and Wednesday but eat out on Thursdays. I guess that means giving up our traditional after church dollar menu, but that's okay. Frankly, Zach and I have been seeing a bit too much of each other.

I love my son dearly, but don't want to spend 24/7 with him.

He has moments when he thinks he can drive then something happens and frightens him again. (For those who don't know...Zach has diagnosed OCD...not the funny kind...the real kind.) Found out his permit has expired so next week we'll get it renewed. I'm just too tired to do it tomorrow, with all the errand I have to run. And I have many, many errands to run tomorrow.

Got lots of knitting done on the sweater, which is looking great. Took my kick spindle with me (did I mention how much more room there is in the back seat?) and spun for about half an hour while listening to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I would love to read the British edition. It peeves me that publishers think American kids are so stupid they won't get the difference in the culture.

End of mini-rant.

Got absolutely drenched tonight while making a trip across the parking lot for a nature call. The heavens opened up and poured out a summer's worth of rain in the space of a half hour. We desperately needed it since we've had very little rain since the Spring flood. Our front lawn is brown and crunchy. I had to sit in the car in wet jeans, but I did take my shoes and socks off. The socks I had to wring out and couldn't bear to put them back on so I wore my shoes without them. Eeewww. I haven't done that since I was probably a teenager.

Anyway...I'm off to watch whatever it is that is taping now and whatever I taped yesterday and this morning. I don't remember what it is, although I do remember taping The Crow: Wicked Prayer. I love David Boreanz and Edward Furlong and saw it while flipping through the channels last night while I was busy NOT sleeping. Didn't want to stay up for the whole thing so I taped it.

I do remember taping Ghost Hunters last night. And I probably have Pasion de Gavilanes on there. Still don't know Spanish but I'm able to pick out the story line. I can't believe they killed off Raquel though. She's the only one who knew where Gabriela was.

I have dry clothes on and my bed is calling my name, which I can barely hear over the dishwasher, but hey...I'm sure I hear it.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Wish we had some of that rain here. It is alwasy good to knit in the car and nap.
Zack is pretty lucky, he has such a cool mom!
Vicki