Monday, August 11, 2008

Feeling the mojo again

I always feel better about myself when I've been productive, however, finding the energy to do that is the problem.

I pushed myself today to revamp the kitchen a bit: moving the microwave back into the kitchen instead of the table just outside the kitchen, moving the little television to the table just outside the kitchen (where it is easier to watch while cooking, baking and doing dishes) and the toaster oven to the counter beside the refrigerator. It works so well that it took me a while to figure out why I didn't have it set up that way in the first place. Then I remembered it was because I didn't have a three prong plug in there until Tom replaced the old one.

Of course, Tom will not be happy because he doesn't like change. He hates it whenever I move even the slightest thing. I don't know why it bothers him so much, except he says he hates change. That doesn't surprise me in the least.

One thing I found out hasn't changed at all and that's that I can't say anything in the least bit critical about his family. I was reminded of that yesterday so I just shut up and didn't have much to say the rest of the day.

I forced myself to get outside today to get some things that desperately needed doing, done. I tried to mow with the non-power mower today but it won't cut the weeds and that's what is high so I'm going to have to fix the power mower, if I can. Tom gave up on it a couple of weeks ago. It's just a simple matter of fixing the cable to the bar so you can pull the starter.

I managed to cut a bunch of dead branches from the pear tree today but it's a bit worrying because the bark on the side with the dead branches looks really bad, while the bark on the opposite side looks fresh and healthy. I need to do some research to figure out if it's diseased and needs to come down or if pruning will help or if I need to do something chemical. I have some fertilizer spikes I plan on using in the fall but I think it's going to need more than that.

And then I started on a prayer shawl. It's the one on Debbie MacComber's site but I don't have the link right now. Alix's Shawl, I think it's called. I found it on Ravelry. There's a woman at church who is such a vital part of the congregation who fell a couple of months ago and broke her hip. She's home now and is walking around and will be driving pretty soon. I'd like to finish it by Sunday but I don't know if that's too ambitious or not. It's a lovely and easy lace pattern you can use with worsted weight...even acrylic, since it doesn't look like it needs to be blocked. Most of the ladies at church don't seem to want wool for various reasons. I have a hat to make pretty soon as well. Just have to pick out the yarn for the woman. I'm thinking of going to a higher quality acrylic though so I'll be looking into that as well.

Professor is back to being my friend again. Or at least back to letting me be his most obedient servant at his beck and call 24/7. It's always nice to know my place in this world.

Well, Tom is up and made a comment about not being able to find anything while standing right in front of what he was looking for.

He'll get over it.

TTFN

No comments: