Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm not good with names either

I can't believe I missed my blogiversary. It was last month, July 31. I knew it was getting close so I looked it up and...yeah...it's over already. At least I remember the birthdays that matter around here.

And speaking of birthdays...mine is coming up in a month and I'm thinking a new camera wouldn't be a bad gift to ask for.

It was a lovely day today. I temporarily fixed the lawn mower with vice grips and Zach and I got all caught up with it, including the knee-high grass under the dying pear tree. I still haven't looked up pear tree diseases yet. Then the weather cooled off with lovely overcast skies and even a bit of rain. I stood in the doorway watching the rain come down but none of it seemed to land anywhere except the awning over the porch. Nothing on the car and nothing on the sidewalk. Even the mail carrier was dry. Yet...there was the rain coming down.

Wonderful breezes slipping in the windows though. I might have to close them tonight if it keeps getting cooler. Plus, we're expecting thunderstorms tonight.

Blue Murder continues to be excellent. I'm really enjoying it. I love finding new British shows out there. I've been working on the shawl more than the sweater though because it doesn't require as much mental acuteness and watching new shows and knitting cables don't go well together. Something that I've seen before I can follow the dialogue well enough to just listen to with occasional glances at the screen. And...next week, I'll be sitting in the car (albeit in the dark under the street light) so I'll be listening to Harry Potter (from the beginning) and knitting away to my heart's content...and spinning. Although I'll be taking the lantern with me because of the long drive in the dark. I always have to be prepared for any eventuality and stopping by the road to fix a flat tire in the dark isn't in my plan of things to do. Hence the lantern.

I can't believe Zach's starting his last year in college. Granted, a two year college, but when did he grow up? He'll be 20 in a couple of months. Wow. He's fixing supper right now, bless his heart.

I've been thinking about what I want to do for the winter arrangement of the house. Summers, I arrange furniture based on the windows and cross-breezes and such. Winters I plan around heating vents. This also gets me thinking about the many containers I have that are full of yarn. I need to do something with it all. Most of it is Red Heart acrylic, which I really don't use anymore. Maybe I should donate it all. I doubt that I would ever knit up all of it, yet I don't really know of a charity to give it to, aside from the thrift store.

It would be nice to have some space freed up for the other clutter I've got around the house.

I'll have to think about it because it's hard for me to give up any yarn, no matter how bad it is.

Well, Zach informs me that supper is ready so...

TTFN

1 comment:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

It sure feels great to get rid of stuff like the old yarn you'll never use. I gave a bunch of old cookbooks to Goodwill a couple months ago, and it felt like I lost 10 pounds. Really.