Monday, August 18, 2008

Random Monday

I shouldn't have written that stranger things have happened in my last entry because this weekend they did. Again.

I was washing my face and my washcloth caught the earring I had found in the driveway with one of the threads. When I pulled it away, the whole earring came out and was horribly misshapen after that. I rounded it the best I could but it still looks square.

Is this irony?

Then, Tom went to deposit the check and our account was completely empty with lots of overdraft charges. We had to wait until Monday to figure it out but what happened was the credit union had put the savings in checking and the rest of the check in savings. This is what I love about dealing with small companies: they went back and removed the charges and fixed the account the way it should have been. All is well.

And I started a sweater for Zach: at least 8 times. Apparently I have commitement issues. I decided on St. Enda from Aran Knitting. I like the Celtic designs in it, even though it does look a bit challenging.

I haven't done any spinning in a while. My priest asked me Sunday after church so I had a chance to talk with another spinner for a while. She doesn't spin much in the summer though. I plan on taking my kick spindle with me when Zach has classes but it will make a huge mess in the car because of all the shedding, but who really cares? I'm going to have to clean it out daily anyway because it's going to look like someone lives in it with all the stuff I'll be taking with me to Fond du Lac. Not to mention, in the winter, I always keep the car stocked with stuff for emergencies. Like blankets, water, crackers & peanut butter, candles, books to read. Stuff like that.

I've watched everything I've gotten from the library so I'm working on things I've taped and my stash of dvds. I'm watching the last Inspector Lynley and Underworld: Evolution. I should have some stuff ready at the library tomorrow when we go pick up Zach's college books. I plan on listening to the whole Harry Potter series this winter in preparation for Half-Blood Prince next summer. With all the time I've got to sit in the car, I should be done by January.

Well, off to knit on Zach's sweater and then start supper.

TTFN

No comments: