Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Me having a good day

It's been a good day so far.

Went to pick up the last of Zach's books and gleefully discovered that two of his classes don't require books. That's a savings of around $250...at least.

Zach has an interview tomorrow for a job.

I finally made it past the first row of the St. Enda sweater I'm knitting Zach. Sheesh. I started it on smaller needles because my yarn isn't exactly the right gauge, but the sweater felt a bit stiff, so I switched to a size larger and couldn't for the life of me get the first row right. After 8 tries, I finally have it going and it's going well. Looks good and feels the right drape as well. And if it's a tad too big (and really it's only a tad bigger), then he likes his sweaters loose-fitting so it all works out.

The weather today was my ideal. Cool breezes and overcast skies. The weather was just perfect. I didn't need the fan at all and the breeze coming through the window while I knit feels like heaven.

I'm trying to spend more time knitting and less time online. It's working only marginally better. But school starts next week so it will happen out of necessity so I might as well enjoy this last week.

Still, not much to talk about today so this will be a short one.

TTFN

No comments: