Thursday, August 7, 2008

Having nothing to say never stopped me

The camera is giving me fits. The battery cover is broken and it's difficult to focus the camera and hold the case closed at the same time. I've got a rubber band over the cover but it's not quite strong enough. And the cover is lined up with the button that actually takes the pictures so it's not like I can wrap it tight enough.

I may get my act together and try to get some pictures later. Or I might just throw in the towel.

It occurred to me today that I'm not knitting any socks right now. How did that happen? It's been over a month and not one pair of socks on the needle. Not only that...no sock yarn aside from worsted weight.

I think I've figured out why I'm suffering from so much fatigue these days. Sock-knitting withdrawal!!! I must do something about it. I must get me hence to the LYS and buy some yarn. But I just spent my allowance on a purse I'd been looking at for 2 months that finally went on sale. It's more of a messenger bag, which is exactly what I need. It's actually more like a small suitcase but since I need to carry everything I own with me at all times...

And socks will fit in it, too, by the way. When I get around to knitting some again.

I still have tons of cotton left over. I finished the BYOB yesterday and am pleased with the way the handles came out. Very ordinary, but practical. It's nice and big and under $5 so I'm within the range for Secret Sister. I just need to wrap it up and get it there without her seeing me.

We watched Stardust today. It's become another of my favorites. I especially love watching it with Zach because he's so unreserved when it comes to laughter. He was doubled over laughing in spots. But it was a good movie...especially Robert DeNiro. Classic.

I'm trying to spend less time on Ravelry lately. It's easier on my blood pressure and time away from the computer is time spent doing things I need to get done. Like trimming the yard (especially the roses) and cleaning, cooking and knitting. And now that the bag is done I need to get back to spinning. Since I bought a purse, I've got to figure out what else to do with the Welsh Top. I'll be practicing my dyeing on it so I hope it comes out okay. I've got plenty of time to figure out what it wants to be.

I cut Zach's hair today. About 6 inches worth. I'm thinking of perming my hair but I'm a bit afraid it will all turn to frizz. Unfortunately since chemo my hair is thin and straight. I curl it with rollers and it still ends up board straight. I'm hoping a body perm will give me some volume so I don't look so...well...bald.

Zach informs me that supper is done so I must go.

TTFN

No comments: