Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is it only Tuesday?

Ailsa asked about the making of Anglican prayer beads. (Pssst...she's having a blogiversary soon and wants some ideas on how to celebrate it. )

I used two sites when I decided to make them:

A Basic Anglican Rosary and Anglican Prayer Beads. I used monofilament instead of thread though but be sure it's tied really well or you'll have a lapful of beads. Ask me how I know that. I bought Zach a set before I made any and his is strung with wire so there are a lot of options out there.

It has been a very full day here today. I did 3,496 loads of laundry. Or maybe just 5. Hung them out to dry and then had to bring them in quickly (they were dry already because our humidity is very low today) before we left for Bible Study because I forgot we had Bible Study and didn't want to take them off the line in the dark in our mosquito-infested back yard. So my bed is loaded with sheets and a comforter that need to be put on the bed before I can go to sleep tonight.

I had to wash the sheets because I'm getting bitty bug bites and I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's connected to the pets. So Professor and Hannibal got treated and we had to wait a couple of days before we could strip the beds. I just use flea collars on the cat and flea medicine on the Prof and it seems to kill of whatever it is that it biting us. It's not fleas because the bites are so tiny, but what it is, I don't know. Both pets spend a lot of time outdoors so it's anybody's guess. (They are both on the leash and not running loose because we live on a major highway.)

Then I decided to bake bread. I use the bread machine to knead the dough a)because I can and b) because I don't really like kneading by hand. So it went through the cycle and I put the dough in the loaf pan and set it aside for the final rising and...nothing. Doh! I forgot to put yeast in.

So back in the bread machine with some yeast and hoping for the best. So now the bread is done and it's nice and high. But I barely had time to get it out of the oven before we had to leave for church. And I had to make a side trip to the library first.

Then a bit of shopping for milk and other things I was out of before heading home. And now I have to make my bed and fall into it.

And guess what! No knitting so far today. I think I might begin withdrawal at any moment. And Bones wasn't on TNT tonight but will be on tomorrow night instead but that's when I watch Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International. Or that's when I tape GH and GHI. It's impossible to watch shows in real time here. If it's not Professor wanting to bark at everyone who is within a square mile of our house or wanting to go out or Tom wanting to tell me something or ask me where something is, it's a telemarketer or some other telephone nuisance. Seriously. I can never watch a show without an interruptions.

So I tape everything. I don't think there's anything I watch in real time.

Maybe the news, but it's not like the interruptions matter with that since they say the same things over and over and over again.

So I suppose I'll have to go make my bed and maybe get a few stitches done so I can say I knitted today.

TTFN

No comments: