Friday, August 22, 2008

Getting ready for school

I finally convinced Zach to let me help him clean his room. It's been seriously messing with my positive energy because not all forms of OCD involve compulsory neatness. Some forms involve "leave my mess alone-ness."

It took all afternoon and a large garbage bag but I can finally see his floors. I rearranged things in order to utilize the tiny space he has and find places for his school stuff. And all his gaming stuff as well.

Not to mention a ginormous family of dust bunnies.

Now, of course, as always happens when you do deep cleaning in one room, I have two rooms that are total disasters. These will have to be cleaned before I go to bed or I won't sleep. He didn't get his OCD from thin air, you know.

I was knitting happily away on the shawl last night and noticed a huge mistake near the beginning. I tried to fix it and it ended up looking worse so I ripped back and am now knitting on a shawl less than 3 inches long.

I priced cameras today and decided they are out of the question, especially since the car will have to go into the shop. Tom won't work on it himself so I guess we're paying all that labor. But we need a new starter and power steering pump. And I would love to have the driver's window fixed so I can roll it down, especially in summer, of which we do have some left.

I can't write long as I still have much to do including hosing off because of all the sweat and lint and dust. I have altar guild tomorrow so I want to be fresh for that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

TTFN

No comments: