Sunday, August 10, 2008

I guess I'm here to stay

Now, I keep thinking of things to blog about. I wish I could get some pictures but until I can fix the battery case, I don't think I'm even going to try because if I let up on it just the slightest, the camera shuts down. Too much work for me.

I'll dig around the house and see if I can find something that will keep it closed better but for now, no pictures.

My Secret Sister opened her gift in front of me today and seemed to like her bag a lot. I changed the handles to the regular kind that most cloth bags have but otherwise it's the same pattern as BYOB on Knitty (see below for clicky to go there.) She said she'd use it most definitely and probably as a book bag as school is starting soon. I think she knows it's me since she sat down across from me at coffee hour (the fourth sacrament in the Episcopal church, you know.) It was a choice between making her something nice and it being obvious it was me or grabbing something from the dollar store and keeping my identity secret.

I got some book "thongs" from my Secret Sister, which are so nice. One fits perfectly in my prayer book. It's a set of beads on both ends of a ribbon, with a medal (the other one has a cross) on the bottom set of beads. The long one has what looks like Hebrew and some other runic letters; on the back is spelled out strength. I love it. I also got a Nicholas Sparks book and some Crystal Light on the go, which looks really good.

I know she made the book thongs herself. That makes it so much more special to me.

I bought some beads today to make myself an Anglican rosary. I've made them for other people but not for myself yet.

And then there's the never-ending Welsh top that needs to be spun. I'm so close to the 8 oz mark. Still no idea what it's going to become or what color to dye it.

I finished the winter socks so I have no socks on the needle once again. I'm getting a bit tired of cotton and since the weather has been so deliciously cool and dry, I might pick up some wool again. I'm going to make Zach a face mask for winter, but not one that covers his whole face. I haven't found the right pattern yet but I suspect it will be an older pattern. I might make myself one out of the Cascade 220 I bought him last year and make his out of the Dorset I spun last winter. I think there might be enough. Not positive though.

I am suffering a bit of withdrawal for the winter stuff. Especially socks.

Well, off for my weekly phone call to my parents.

TTFN

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

Would you post about how to make a Anglican rosary please?