Wednesday, August 20, 2008

W00T

Zach got the job. I'm so happy and so relieved. I might even sleep tonight. They'll call him about orientation and are okay with his schedule because they need weekend people so it won't interfere with his school schedule. And they are okay with him not wanting to miss church, too.

Yes!

I'm making very slow progress on St. Enda but it is fun...and challenging. Once I got past the ribbing or what is there instead of ribbing, I went a lot faster. The pattern seems to flow. The link is to Wendy Johnson's finished project, not mine. Hers looks a lot better than mine.

I'm knitting it using Caron Heather because I like the feel and I can't afford to knit a wool sweater.

Don't judge me. (snicker)

I plan on taking pictures maybe tomorrow because I really do miss having pictures on my blog and I have tons of FOs that I haven't shared yet. It will be a long process because of having to hold the battery case firmly shut, but I'll try.

I started a shawl using the Invisibility Shawl pattern from Charmed Knits. I'm using worsted (and acrylic) but I need a warm shawl for the lady at church (I frogged the feather and fan/wave and shell pattern because I've made it three times already and I'd like to try a different pattern.) I like the way it's turning out.

I found a new British mystery because of the British Mystery forum on Ravelry. It's called Blue Murders starring Caroline Quentin. I love it and ended up staying up until nearly 3:30 a.m. without noticing how late it was because I couldn't turn it off. It will be added to my favorite list to the left.

I nearly went to Loose Ends today while I was in Mayville to get some sock yarn, but I had an enormous amount of self-control and didn't. I shouldn't be so smug. I have to drive past there three days a week starting next week. I'm sure the car will stall out in front of the shop at least once while I'm making the journey.

Off to fix supper and then Ghost Hunters International and Bones (in syndication, not the current season.)

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Thanks for the info about the shawl, good luck to you on it.
Keep us posted.
Vicki