Saturday, August 23, 2008

Random Saturday

I had my first day of altar guild training and I loved it. I love the richness of the traditions, complete with symbolism and the meaning behind everything. It's so different from the way I was raised.

Not much knitting going on, or rather not much progress being made. I've been doing a fair share of ripping back because I'm making stupid mistakes. If I would just pay attention I would catch them, but I'm still off in lala land and can't get my brain to kick start.

I need some discipline in my life. Some structure. With Zach's new schedule, that's going to be a must. Especially at home. Even to the degree of having an hourly schedule that lists all my chores.

I did manage to get three loads of laundry on the line. Probably won't get them all off before the sun goes down, but at least I'll have a head start on tomorrow. Then tomorrow I need to clean out the car, start organizing my bags of stuff to take while Zach has school, lunches, suppers to plan...which will be difficult because we will have three days a week eating supper in the car or in the commons area. Can't afford to eat out so I'll have to figure something out. I'm not really a sandwich person. I can eat them now and then but not on a regular basis. Containers will be hard to manage but I don't see a way around it. There is a microwave there so it doesn't necessarily have to be hot. When it gets colder, I'll need thermoses for hot drinks.

My head is swimming.

But I started The Sorcerer's Stone today so I have a head start on that. I've got lots of knitting to take with me and some things to study. I'm working on learning Irish Gaelic and my other Celtic studies, including Celtic spirituality and Druidism. I also have Zach's DS and GameBoy Color to mess with.

I should be set.

I am craving socks though. I have plenty of Woolease so I can knit some winter things but I'd love to get me some sock yarn and try a new pattern.

Maybe for Christmas.

Off to eat supper and watch Midsomer Murders set 3.

TTFN

No comments: