Saturday, August 2, 2008

Well, that was interesting.

I got a note from blogger that my blog had been frozen because it was tagged as being a spam blog so for a couple of days I couldn't blog. They did apologize in advance, explaining that the system was "fuzzy" and was known to hit on reputable blogs.

So here I am again. Pictureless, as usual. I keep meaning to but I'm so lazy when it comes to getting everything together, take a million pictures and then sort through them to find the one that actually looks decent. I'm just not a photographer, I guess.

I've been spinning away but I still have so far to go. In the meantime, I'm thinking about the design for the purse that it will become. Not knowing the gauge yet, I can't actually start the pattern, but I can come up with the design for now.

I'm knitting away on the bag from knitty for my Secret Sister. I finished the first one in the peach, green, and ecru colors but didn't like the handle. It's sturdy but the sides just flop when you hold it by the handles and that's awkward to me. I'm making this one out of blue and ecru and will modify the handle so it's both longer and wider. I just think it's more practical that way.

I've been reading about Celtic Christianity of late and am finding some fascinating things there. Like the perspective that the spark of God is in everything He created and that nature isn't corrupt because of "original sin" as I was always raised to believe. Pelagius is often referred to and I'm finding that he wasn't the heretic he was purported to be. Augustine, however, in my mind has a lot to answer for in turning the church into a negative entity, intent on finding sin everywhere, and implicating women as an evil that has to be endured for the sake of propagation. I know this is a very brief and unfulfilling review. I'll discuss it more later when I have it a bit better sorted out. But for now, I'm finding a lot of comfort in the notion that I'm not as depraved as I was always taught, but that I have an inherent value because I am God's creation.

I still am battling a lot of fatigue, insomnia and pain. I've tried vegetarian, but by the third day, I can't even concentrate at all. When I start eating meat again, the concentration comes back a bit although it's never there 100%. Makes me think I need a high protein diet. I do know I need to lose weight desperately. That desperation only makes it harder though.

Well, off to get some knitting and spinning done. Until I get a handle on this fatigue, I'm going to just pay attention to what my body demands and not push it beyond its limits.

TTFN

No comments: