Thursday, September 29, 2011

Feeling like a zombie today...again

I forgot to blog yesterday.  Which is just as good as I didn't have anything to say anyway.  Sort of like today, in fact.  I managed to get about 7 hours of sleep Tuesday night but last night it was around 5 a.m. before I drifted off and my mother called at 9:30 to tell me about my uncle's surgery outcome (which was good!) so another day of dragging around.  I got a load of clothes washed and dried but it's still in the dryer.  I'll get it tomorrow.  I had to pick up meds today so I just grabbed a cheap bite out, picked up a pizza for Zach and would love to go to bed right now, but if I do I'll be wide awake at midnight and another night will be messed up.  I think I'll start taking the herbal sleeping meds I got Tom.  But tonight probably wouldn't be a good night to start that.

I got a few rows done on the frolicking deer hat.  The key is just working on it during commercials.  I can't watch tv and work this kind of pattern, but that's okay.  I do need to get busy here and start getting things done.  It doesn't help that Professor keeps wanting outside at 9 a.m. or so, no matter how late I take him out at night.  Or rather in the morning.  Yesterday he went out at 4 a.m. and woke me up even earlier today at 9.  I had just managed to get back to sleep when my mother called.

I'll probably just work on baby blankets tonight since my concentration is at a zero right now.  Mindless stockinette stitch will do just fine for me when I'm like this.  I have been known to fall asleep while knitting before so it wouldn't make much difference if I fell asleep working on the baby blanket.

Well, off to make up the bed and yes, I know it's not even 7 p.m.  I don't want to wake myself up later with the effort of making it up when I am ready to go to bed.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you. My sleep is totally off. Then, the flu. I just want to get back into a schedule. A productive schedule.

I'm knitting again though, so that's good. :)

Kathy said...

I'm trying to get back into knitting. I just can't seem to focus for long enough to get anything done. Hope you're feeling better. I miss you, my friend.