Saturday, September 10, 2011

Do nothing days are important, too

Aside from cooking supper and some more weeding, I didn't do anything today.  Tom really wants to buy a car before the month is out but Sunday is the only day he's really home and I don't want to look tomorrow.  I'd like for him to fix my car so it's drivable since he wants to go up north before the month is out.  He has to use up his vacation days before he loses them and his brother needs some work done up at his place.  I told him he can't go until I have a working car though.

I've been reading a lot this week.  I just don't do that enough.  I read a book on legends and ghost stories and am still reading the last Harry Potter book.  I also have some books on various spiritual themes that I would like to get to.  Those require a bit more concentration though.

I really wanted to knit on the frolicking deer hat but I can't risk Tom walking downstairs so I'm going to work on the Invisibility Shawl from Charmed Knits...a book of patterns based on the Harry Potter books and movies.  This isn't mine but it's supposed to look like that when I'm done.  Maybe.  It's lightweight and doesn't require tons of concentration, although with laceweight yarn I need to watch what I'm doing so whatever I "watch" on tv will mostly be listened to.

I'm psyching myself up for next week to be a week of productivity in many areas including improving my health and my crafts.  I've been itching to get my pencils out again and even my watercolors.  I'd like to work with them before I get out my acrylics or oils.  I'm not any good at any of them yet but I'll never be good if I don't practice and stick with it.

Well, supper smells done so I'm outta here, and heading to bed as soon as I'm done eating.

TTFN

No comments: