Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bad day blues

I had a strange day today.  I got up and hit the floor running because I needed to get to the library before Tom went to work and this being the day he has to go in early, I felt rushed for time.  Got home in plenty of time but got nothing done after that.  I'm spending entirely too much time online.  Sims Social has grabbed me and I must resist its evil clutches.  Plus it is slowing my computer big time.

It wasn't just that.  I was reconnecting with some friends I hadn't seen in ages.  Still...I got nothing done.

Of course, I don't think I would have anyway because the sinus headache that premieres ahead of the sinus infection has arrived.  Time to get the neti pot out for real.  I was Headachy, Sneezy, Dopey and Smart Ass all day today.  And the headache has returned but I can't get to bed yet because I forgot Tom wanted me to wash his uniform since his supply wasn't in his locker yesterday.  So...I'm waiting for one load to dry so I can stick them in.  They can dry overnight while I sleep though.  I'll get them out of the dryer tomorrow.

I have got to be more determined and stay off this seductress during the day, at least.  And limit my time to no more than an hour.  That will mean giving up a lot of things online but I'm just not happy with myself for spending so much time here.  And it's not just the housework not getting done.  I'm not doing things I enjoy anymore.  It's become a burden instead of a tool.

I'll still blog and read other blogs, but the political readings have to be cut down to one site.  And I may have to give up a group I just was made part of...the one with all the old friends on it.  It really is good to see these ladies but they are chatty and it fills my mail box up rapidly.  I just can't seem to keep up.

In the meantime, I'm going to go make my bed and wait for the laundry while watching House Hunters International.  I ate supper way too late so my stomach is upset and it will be at least 5 hours before I can lie down again.  Seriously.  When will I learn that I can't eat this late?

Maybe tomorrow I'll be in a better mood, but if I don't get to sleep before sunrise, I'm thinking not.

TTFN

No comments: