Thursday, September 16, 2010

Not my best day

Today was a day in which I got next to nothing done again.  I got little sleep last night.  Professor was wired and every little sound out there set him off in a barking frenzy.  I was too tired to dig out the barking collar.  Part of me hates using it.  It's a mist in his face but it obviously traumatized him because I only had to use it once.  Last year.

Anyway, I washed another load of clothes but it's been looking like rain all day so I didn't hang them out.  I could have put them on the racks but it's supposed to be nicer tomorrow (with rain in the evening) so I thought I would put it off.  Besides, I took a 2 hour nap.  Now I'm dragging worse than before.  I'm going back to bed as soon as the supper dishes are done.

I am making progress on the doily though although each row is now over an hour long and I need to get two rows a day done if I'm going to finish in time for Autumn Equinox.  The sweater got frogged down to the ribbing again, too, when I found a mistake I had made.  I hate that I can't seem to commit to a particular pattern on this.  I'm going to need that sweater soon enough so I'd better decide.

I knitted a few more rows on the Sweeping Statement poncho.  It's not mindless knitting because I have to watch for the pattern, but it's not rocket surgery either so it's pretty relaxing to knit.  I love how the leaf pattern is standing out in the center section.

We're having chili tonight because the weather out there just looks like chili weather.  Overcast and pretty cool all day.  I had to shut the windows and I'm in a sweater and sweat pants.  I love it, actually.  Now if I could just get my energy back.

Well, supper requires my attention now so I'm off to finish it up and get those dishes done so I can crash.  I've become my grandparents!  They used to get in their pajamas at 4 p.m. every day.

TTFN

No comments: