Monday, September 13, 2010

Mondays are the first day of the week for me

Taking a break from the internet was a good move yesterday.  I did a lot of cooking and crocheting although any knitting that took place had to be undone.  It was just one of those days.  In fact, the argyle sweater is no more, mostly because I got tired of untwisting the yarn as I was knitting.

I'm completely in love with the DVR.  I have missed a lot of shows that I couldn't tape because they changed the times on me or because I forgot to set the timer on the vcr so it's nice to tell the thing to tape all shows and it does.  Yesterday was a Ghost Adventures marathon so I've got several episodes waiting for me.  I managed to watch 4 of them already.

Also this weekend I watched District 9 and 2012.  Tom hated 2012 but I loved it.  Basically it was your standard disaster movie...in fact, I told Zach it was The Towering Inferno and the Poseidon Adventure rolled into one movie.  But still good if you like that genre, and I do. 

I'm on round 31 of the worsted weight doily/altar cloth.  I had to unravel back two rows...twice...because of mistakes made.  It's not like knitting where you can just work down one stitch to fix your problem.  Nope.  You definitely have to go all the way back.  Finally I just gave up and turned the light off and went to sleep.  Immediately.  When you're making that many mistakes, it's time to give it a rest.

The car is fixed.  The battery lives underneath the air filter and something else (not sure what right now) and you have to turn the front wheels sharply to the left to get the battery out through the wheel well.  In fact, Tom just takes the tire off because trying to get it through with the tire on is a task.  So when he finally pulled the battery out, the negative terminal connection crumbled into dust.  He installed a new battery because the battery in there was the original factory-installed battery...so over 10 years old.  Not bad for a battery, but in such an idiotic place.  Hopefully I can get some money saved before spring so we can replace the car.  Tightening the belt even further.

Hoping to get a lot more accomplished today, like scrubbing the bathroom, cleaning out the fridge and baking some bread today.  I'm not going to use the machine because you can only bake one loaf at a time and it uses up electricity for the kneading, which I can do more cheaply. 

And speaking of cheap, I put the bucket under the faucet while taking a shower last night and got more than half a bucket full of water.  It filled the dishpan and was nice and hot so I washed the supper dishes in it.  When I was down visiting my parents this summer, I thought my mom would really appreciate the things we do to be frugal but she kind of curled her lip at them and told me I was being ridiculous.  But then they ran their air conditioner full time and left the front and side inner doors open all the time.  I can only imagine how much cool air was escaping through the storm doors.

Well, I have things to get to.  In addition to the cleaning, I'm planning on starting a course at Open University (not for credit or anything) so I can exercise my mush brain.  Plus I have many books from the library and at home to read.  And today I am going to work on my drawing, too.  I keep putting it off until  I've got my work done, but I never get my work done, so I never pick up my pencils.

I"m off to have a good day.  I hope you do, too.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

I had a day of knitting, followed by frogging also!
Hummm
Vicki

Kathy said...

I can't seem to commit on the sweater. I like the design of the sweater, just can't decided on how it should look. But I am getting tired of frogging. LOL