Monday, September 27, 2010

Must be day 3 of my bow hunting deer widowhood

Yesterday was another bad day.  I got next to no sleep...saw the sun rise before I finally made it to sleep and then got up fairly early to let Professor out for a wee.  So nothing got done and my sugar this morning was back to being high again so while I'm still watching what I eat, I'm not being so restrictive about it like before since it's tied more in to my well-being than what and how I eat.  I plan on not doing the deprivation thing anymore and just add exercise and activity to my life plan.  I think it will be more beneficial since any time I deprive myself of a food or calories, I end up bingeing and gain weight.  I've gained nearly all of my weight from dieting.  When I don't diet, I don't gain weight.  You'd think I would learn after all this time, but I don't.  I continue to stress out and try to frantically lose weight when I'm nagged about it.

Zach got the yard mowed today and I got a load of clothes dried on the line.  I didn't have enough for two dark-colored loads so I'll finish that up tomorrow because I have enough to make a load now.  Then I've got some light colored clothes to wash as well.  And I need to make more laundry soap and get busy on the house.  I managed to get my room straightened up today.  I have so much yarn and no place to keep it beside my closet but things are falling out of it every time I open the door so I'm not sure where else to put it.  I can't put it upstairs because Tom smokes up there and the basement is too damp and mildew-y.  I looked at Tom's old flight jacket from his Navy days and it is covered in mold.  Not mildew.  Mold.  And it's dry-clean only.  I put it outside in the sun and hopefully the dew and sunshine will kill the mold and I can then hand wash it in some bleach water and soap and dry it on the line.  I have no idea why his jacket did that.  Nothing else that was hanging up next to it has a hint of mildew or mold on it.  Just the jacket.

I'm making progress on the poncho and the sweater so I added another project.  I found some dishcloth patterns on Ravelry that have Mario characters on them, so I printed them out and am making Zach a blanket out of the squares.  I'm using spare yarn in blues and greens so I hope he's okay with those colors.  I really don't want to buy more yarn right now.  I found some Woolease when I was cleaning out my yarn, enough for some really funky and non-matching socks.  I also have yarn to mend the socks I've already made. I should get to that soon.

It was warmer today but the nights are really cool.  I could see my breath last night while I was outside with Professor untangling him.  I put a blanket on my bed and used it.  Professor is hiding under blankets during the day now instead of just during the evenings.

Tomorrow I need to tackle the kitchen and the living room.  It's really cluttered in here and makes me edgy.  I sleep much better when things are in their place but this fatigue is kicking my butt and I don't have the energy to put in a good day.  We also have to do some work outdoors since it's trash day and I want to put some things in the garage in the trash.  And put away much of my gardening stuff, including tons of pots and buckets and things.  And the lawn chairs.  They will go in the basement because I'm afraid they will freeze and crack in the garage.

Well, I'm off to crawl into bed and knit away while watching Destination: Truth episodes that were on Syfy today. And El Mariachi that I dvr'd last night.  I've got that one on save in my inventory.  I love that series of movies.  And I'm almost done with The Two Towers documentaries.  I watch every single minute of the extended versions at least once yearly.  If I watch it too many times, I'm afraid I'll become bored with it.  I'm also ready to start reading the series again.  I used to read them every year and got bored with them.  Then I waited a few years and try to read them every few years instead.  I'm trying to get through the Silmarillion this time.  It doesn't have the excitement that LOTR has, but it has the history and background so I'm looking at it like the history book to go along with the stories.

Off I go.

TTFN

No comments: