Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day is for...resting?

There isn't much going on here this weekend.  We had a huge storm this morning that woke me up (but didn't keep me up) and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to hang clothes out on the line today.  Tom worked on the car yesterday and when he was done it wouldn't start but this morning when he went out to work on it, it started up again.  Apparently that means he's not going to find out why it won't start intermittently.  But that is the way things always go around here.

I'm seriously considering going back to bed.  Not because I don't feel good but because I did a lot of knitting yesterday (and crocheting) and I liked it.  Plus all the reading I did.  I felt better spending less time online and got a lot more accomplished.  And felt better about myself for doing it.  I think I will trim out some of my online reading and get to work on other things...like drawing, painting, writing, and looking at crafts I can sell.  I need to read up on the legalities of owning an etsy shop or doing flea markets or craft bazaars...you know, taxes and do I need to register in my state as a business, do I need to charge sales tax in Wisconsin...stuff like that.  It's one of the biggest reasons I haven't done anything yet. Wisconsin is horrendous and squeezing the last tax penny out of you and charges us for our online purchases even if the business doesn't. 

But I don't plan on blogging less.  I just needed a break this weekend.  Plus I didn't have a thing to write about.  In fact, I still can't think of much.

The crocheted doily/altar cloth is coming along nicely.  One thing I love about crocheting is how fast things progress.  I've got some other projects I'd like to do from some crocheting books i got at the library, using crochet thread instead of yarn.  And I'm making progress on the Tree of Life afghan although it's slow progress, not like knitting mindlessly. In fact, I had to fix a few mistakes last night (without ripping back) so it was time-consuming.  The sweater apparently wants to be an argyle because I started knitting it and no problems with the carried yarn pulling and making vertical lines at all.  It looks good, too.

I'm getting really antsy to draw again but I'm so far behind that catching up to where I used to be that I feel like a failure.  All my efforts are worse than what I was doing before I started drawing in the first place.  Frustrating.  I know that I need to look at it as a starting point but it feels like going backward.  Still...I need to just do it and keep doing it.

Well, at the very least I need to go make my bed.  Then I'm taking the rest of the day off and doing what I want.  It's Labor Day after all.

TTFN

No comments: