Thursday, September 2, 2010

September brings rain and a cold front

You can't see me but I'm doing my happy dance because I found my crochet hooks.  In one of my knitting bags.  One that I had looked through twice.  So either I'm really bad at looking for things or the faeries have once again played mischief with me.  But I don't care as long as I have them in my hands.  I am missing my G hook so I thought I would pick one  up while I was at the store today and wouldn't you know it...it was the only hook not there.  I'll look next time.

Now if I could just find the phone cord for my cell phone so I can charge it up.

I'm not saving dish water right now because we've got lots of lovely rain.  I did use the dishwasher today because it seemed to be the more economical choice.  It's supposed to be cooler this weekend with a cold front moving in (I still get the giggles when the forecasters talk about a cold front in the summer) so I can get out there to trim the yard and get the clutter cleaned up.  But tomorrow I'm tackling Zach's room.  It has overwhelmed him to the degree that he just can't get going in there so I'm going to head it off and get 'er done.

The insurance didn't pay for my mammogram again only this time I'm fighting it.  We never had a mediator before so I'm taking advantage of it and letting them know they are not going to do this to me anymore.  Because I've had breast cancer they have to pay for my mammograms.  My surgeon told me it's the law.  Now I just have to get a fire lit underneath Tom to get him to get the paperwork to the mediator.

I ripped the sweater back to the ribbing because no matter how loosely I was carrying the yarn across the back, I still had vertical "dimples" where the yarn was being anchored.  I'll practice on spare yarn but I'm not going to stress out over a sweater so I went with a textured pattern instead.  Not sure what the name of it is, but I'll look it up tonight.  I did work on the Tree of Life afghan for a bit, mostly fixing the previous two rows without frogging back.  Time consuming but not as much as if I had tinked back to do it again.

I'm hoping to start crocheting the altar cloth tonight, especially as it's corn dog night so everyone can fix their own and I don't have to cook.  I'm heading off to bed here in a little bit to watch some tv and knit/crochet. 

I started off the day reading in my room before everyone got up and that worked out well for me but once they started getting up it was hard to concentrate because of interruptions.  Not a problem.  I can read again tonight if I want to. 

Well, off to finish up a few more things online and then off to make beautiful things.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Thank goodness it has cooled off! Sounds like the cooler weather has made you uber productive!
Chili weather! Yummy
Vicki