Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting cabin fever

I just took down two loads of clothes from the clothesline, fresh and ready to fold.  I have a load of light-colored clothes in the washer but I'll get those tomorrow.  I did some work upstairs, clearing out some plastic drawers Zach is going to use for his clothes.  His dresser is huge and bulky and takes up so much space.  Plus the drawers are hard to open and close so he tends to keep his clothes in stacks around his room.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the dresser now, but we'll take it out of his room tomorrow morning.  Maybe Tom can put it upstairs to use for his hunting supplies.

I found a stack of crochet books while I was cleaning so I quickly went through them this afternoon while watching the third part of The Pillars of the Earth.  They're did such a good job on it.  I had started re-reading the book but of course, the movie is long past where I am in the book.

Now I'm ready to straighten up the kitchen and hie off into my bed to knit, crochet and finish up the series if I can.  It will no longer be available on the 10th. 

I'm making progress on the argyle sweater but I frogged the Tree of Life afghan.  I just didn't like how it looked.  My reverse stockinette isn't very good looking at all.  So I'm back to knitting the Sweeping Statement poncho but I've got to figure out what design I'm going to put in the center.  I don't want to do the honeycomb cable, mostly because it's too tedious.  Something that doesn't involved using the cable needle every few stitches for 100 stitches a row.  And yet something that draws the eye.  I'll be looking through my Barbara Walker book later.

I'm muddling along on the doily/altar cloth.  I ran into a problem, not understanding the instructions.  It calls for a cluster between two shells but I can't figure out what they mean by the cluster as the instructions seem really vague and not what I'm used to for a cluster.  The picture doesn't look like a cluster at all, but a double crochet stitch.  I might just use that instead.  It's not like I'm going to be graded on it.

I've got to run to town tomorrow morning because the car isn't working so I have to go while Tom is home with the truck.  And as usual, he's working this weekend so I don't know if he can fix the car before Monday.  I have to locate sales on batteries, although I don't know how to do that from here.  We don't get circulars anymore and the local paper only has that stuff in Saturday's paper.  He wants me to go to all the stores' websites and look for specials.  I hate it when I don't have transportation.  This happens far too often for my liking.

So I'm off to do that, clean the kitchen and then go to bed.

TTFN

No comments: