Monday, September 20, 2010

The pre-birthday party

Another day of nothing much done.  I haven't even done any reading today except for the brief few minutes Zach was in the credit union.  I started a hat for him but I can't find my size 8, 16" circular needles so I don't know if I can go any further until I find them.  I could probably do a magic loop thing with my larger ones but I'm not that crazy about the method.  I'll give it a think or two and decide by the time I crawl into bed.

My birthday is coming up Wednesday but Zach and Tom decided to go ahead and have it yesterday.  They bought me a quilted vest with fleece lining, a nice gold candle in a jar, and a beautiful necklace with a skeleton key on it.  It's really delicate so I'm afraid I'll break it but I love it.  It's also so difficult to get on that I don't dare take it off again.

I had planned on doing some drawing today as well but I got to talking to a dear friend online and, well, that went by the wayside.  Friends are important, after all, and I'd rather be talking to her anyway.  Besides, I can always do some drawing tonight instead of knitting.  Heresy, I know.

Zach and I decided to stop eating out as it's not fun anymore.  I got some ideas for some more elaborate lunches than peanut butter and jelly so if I make it more interesting at home, we'll end up saving money in the long run.  We don't eat out often, but often enough.  And it's just not that enjoyable anymore. I love sitting talking to Zach, which we don't really do at home, but we could do that with just a $1 soda.  Don't need a meal to do it.

I'm making progress on the poncho and the sweater.  The sweater is slower because of the color changes but it's still looking pretty good.  I haven't got that much experience in knitting with different colors so I'm enjoying the practice, even if it takes me longer to knit the sweater.  I am a process knitter, after all.

Well, short but sweet today as I've got supper on the stove and need to finish it up.  I hope my fibromyalgia eases off pretty soon.  I'm taking pain pills during the day now, which I hate to do.  Still not exceeding my normal dosage, although I have the doctor's permission to if needed.  She told me that most people in real pain don't get addicted so much as they hoard their meds because they always think it will be worse later and they'll need them then.  I know I don't get a buzz on tramadol, but it sure is nice when the pain finally goes away for a while.

Off to eat supper, then dishes, then bed.  I am getting older, you know.

No comments: