Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It only sounds like I'm doing a lot...

I finally got the light colored clothes dry on the line.  I had put them in the dryer although they were smelling a bit sour, but I thought I could hang them out on the line after they were dry to air them out.  Unfortunately the dryer didn't dry them at all.  They were just as wet as they were when I put them in...so they were really rank when I opened the dryer door.  So I re-washed them, but I did use the bucket of water from Tom's shower (the water that comes out the faucet instead of all of it going out the shower head) so I did save a tiny bit. 

Tonight I had enough water in the bucket for both the wash and rinse water for the dishes.  I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner.

Had to make a trip to town again because of library books and medicine in.  I'm taking a meat break in order to get my numbers down (in preparation for my annual physical.)  I got a thing from the insurance company and it has denied payment for something else that happened on the day of my mammogram.  I'm thinking this might be the radiologist this time.  I don't have $500 to pay for this so they'd better shell out.  I don't think Tom has done anything about it yet.  I laid the paper out for him to see when he gets home.  I'm not always awake to talk to him and usually forget by the next day.  If he had gone straight to the mediator this would have been finished but he goes to the HR guy and he doesn't care about it since he's not losing any money.

We got the car cleaned out tonight.  It was in really bad shape from the trip down to see my parents.  It's not great now but at least you can see the floor and the risk of fire from all the paper in the back floorboard is lower now.

I looked the garden over today as well.  The tomato plants are wilting away but I still have plenty of green ones on the vine.  I can use them if they don't ripen up.  Fried green tomatoes are heavenly.  I see one bloom left on the zucchini and a few green beans straggling the bushes.  I need to chop down the tobacco plants.  They have flowered but I have no idea where the seeds might be.  I'm going to chop the heads off and find a paper bag to keep them in.  I read that's the way to get seeds out of flowers.  Hope it works but if it doesn't I have some seeds left over from this year.

I had hoped to clean up the back yard but we took a while in town and I was already tired when we got home.  I still had to get the clothes off the line and cook supper and do the dishes.  I still have the clothes to fold and put away.  It took me 45 minutes to hang them out yesterday because of the socks and smaller items.  I was so achy that I was tempted to just quit.  But I had to get them done.  The dew was so heavy last night that they were soaked this morning so they didn't dry in time for time to practice with his bow before he left for work.  I'll wait until he leaves before hanging out clothes tomorrow.  I probably won't get but one load dry before night and since it's pointless to leave them overnight anymore (and since rain is predicted Friday morning) so I'm going to be using the racks as needed.  I decided (because I had forgotten to put the vinegar in the fabric softener ball) that it makes no difference at all right now so I'm leaving that step out.  If I need it for static cling in the winter, I'll use it again but I'll just save the money for now.

I went back to the original design of the sweater which is a plaid pattern.  I was mad at myself for not pushing through and improving my skills instead of just quitting.  It's much better this time around. I don't know why though.  I am back where I was on the crocheted doily/altar cloth and really do need to work on the poncho since I haven't knit a stitch for nearly a week.  I mostly have all my work done for the day so I'm going to slip into my pajamas and get down to it.  I'm nearly done with the Midsomer Murders set I got from the library.  Saw Cully get married.  That was the one I wanted to see. 

I'm also working my way through the stuff I DVR'd.  I've got Knitting Daily on my list but I'm not terribly impressed by the show.  It's mostly mini-segments of about 5 minutes each until you get to the main event and that's not very long at all.  It seems  mostly like a show designed to sell yarn or patterns.  But it's knitting and I must watch it.  It's the law.

I'm almost halfway through The Pillars of the Earth again.  I'm also re-reading the book so it's good to see what the differences are.  There is a sequel but I haven't heard good reviews of it.  I'll read it anyway.  I'm just that way.

I'm off to finish up the dishes and then off to my favorite time of the day.  I do intend to do some drawing tomorrow though.  I'm setting aside time for that and other things first so I don't wait until I'm done with my work before I sit down to do it.

TTFN

No comments: