Friday, March 26, 2010

It feels like my week is just beginning

I'm sleeping my life away these days. I feel incredibly guilty that I'm not getting much done but it feels so good to sleep at last. I hope everything evens up pretty soon though.

Susie B had a great idea in comments yesterday about planting catnip to keep Hannibal away from my tomato plants. I have several extra planters and some catnip seed so tomorrow I'll be doing that.

I also have altar guild tomorrow and since I have coffee hour after church Sunday I need to get stuff ready for that. I decided against the muffins because it would take forever and a lot of pans to clean to get it all done in the toaster oven. I have animal crackers they can use for sweet stuff and that should be enough. I think oftentimes it gets too competitive over how much stuff a person can serve. And we don't have the money to do a lavish fete.

We have Showtime preview this weekend and while there isn't much on I'm interested in, I thought I might just watch Twilight to see what it's all about. I don't mind the frenzy since I'm a huge Harry Potter fan but it's never really appealed to me before. I could change my mind after seeing it though. Time will tell.

I'm finally done with my Lenten stuff. I finished up the last hat last night and the two blankets are already done. I need to dig out a pattern for Bette's vest and cast on but in the meantime I have another blanket on the needles that I can work on. Just not so feverishly now.

It's a bit colder these days but the sun is shining so that makes up for it. It won't be long before I'll be bitching about the heat. I can't wait.

Tom is working this weekend. I'd like to think things are picking up at work but I doubt we'll see that 15% pay cut back into his paycheck any time soon. I'm guessing they want to have a cushion before they think about their workers. I just wish we could see light at the end of the tunnel.

Wednesday Zach has to go meet with his adviser about his portfolio. I hope he can get it done soon. So far nothing has come of his job applications. I need to get the garden staked out soon, too, so I can start working my "job." I also need to figure out a way to get over this pain and fatigue so I can be more productive. I beat myself up every day thinking about Tom working so hard and I'm not getting anything done. He never says anything to me about it, bless his heart, but I can't imagine there isn't some part of him that feels a bit bitter that he has to carry so much of the load. He never says anything about it though. There probably aren't many men like him out there.

Off to eat supper and then I'm thinking of going back to bed. I hope all this sleep is helping. It sure can't hurt.

TTFN

No comments: