Thursday, March 4, 2010

A glimmer of energy

The weather here is just beautiful. The warmth is melting the snow so Professor has more territory to explore in the yard. He manages to walk on top of the snow most of the time but every now and then he'll break through and sink to his belly. But around the edges we're seeing dead grass that one day soon will be green again.

I replenished the bird feeder today. I didn't feel too bad about it being empty since a lot of our neighbors have feeders, too. They've knocked a bunch of seeds into the bird bath, which is plastic and has a lip on it so I can't pour the wet seeds out. I'll have to scoop them and I'm not up for that today.

I changed out two antique curtain rods today that had been a major pain. Whenever I tried to open or close the curtains the whole thing would fall down. I duct taped one of them but decided to just break down and pay the two dollars each for the new rods. I don't have a lot of upper body strength so I didn't get the hardware firmly attached but it's enough until I can have another go at it.

Supper is cooking now and I intend to vacuum the living room and my bedroom and then sweep the kitchen floor after the supper dishes are done. Then into bed for some knitting. I finished another hat last night, which makes 22 hats so far. I only knit a few rows on the blanket, however. I had so little energy. I'm hoping the flare up is fading instead of me fading. I'm feeling a bit better but I don't want to jump in and have a frenzy of cleaning and then end up in bed for a week. Still, I managed to get a lot done comparatively.

I am in the process of doing three loads of clothes. I wanted to hang them out but considering my limited amount of energy these days, thought it was more important to get some other things done while the clothes were in the dryer. They came out of the washer with a lot of lint on them anyway so it's for the best.

I still haven't planted the seeds yet. I'll try to get that done tomorrow. As I said, I'm not really behind yet since it will still be a couple of months before I'll feel safe about putting anything in the ground. I know the farmers plant their crops sooner than that and maybe I'll just watch them. But I have little and can't afford to lose much.

I'm off to finish up supper and get the clothes out of the dryer.

TTFN

No comments: