Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The lovely weather continues.

Another cool, overcast, breezy day. I think I'm in heaven.

And I slept so good last night. Tom, bless his heart, let me sleep in until the phone rang and it was my doctor's office wanting to reschedule my appointment due to a family emergency. Which was good news to me because I really didn't want to be on the road on a Thursday before a holiday weekend. So many people get that extra day's jump on the holiday and are out on the road.

I finally felt caught up on sleep. I had so much energy that I did two loads of clothes, spiffed up the kitchen, tackled the dining room and my bedroom (the couch is made into a bed permanently for now) and will do the bathroom once I get Zach off to work later.

I'm crocheting the purse flap now. I plan on making it into a pouch for my gloves or handkerchiefs or something that won't easily fall out. Plus the extra weight will keep it from curling on the edges. I want to get back to knitting though. I'm missing it a lot. Since it's so cool, I think I'll work on the baby blanket and the scarf tonight. I have a documentary about King Arthur and a Midsomer Murder episode to finish. Then I might watch Ghost Hunters from last week (taped.)

I dug out some more old tapes from the bin upstairs and found some novelty yarn in my storage while I was up there. Something else cool to work on when it heats up again. I could do with a dressy scarf to wear. I'm trying to pamper myself more. I think the martyr complex is part of mothering101 but it needs to be removed from the curriculum. Taking care of your family shouldn't mean you have to put yourself last all the time.

I do have to say that tensions are lessening here at home. I can't say it will last but I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Also I've been burning incense to get rid of all the bad juju that's been in here forever. Don't know if it's working but I feel better and that's what counts.

I may actually get some ironing done this week while it's cool. I don't have much but the tablecloth needs to be ironed and I have a couple of shirts that never come out of the dryer without needing it. I haven't hanged clothes out on the clothesline much this summer, mostly because Zach needs his uniforms and since he only has two, I'm usually down to the crunch and need them NOW. Plus, we've had threats promises of rain and no followthrough. It's going to be like the kid who cried wolf someday.

The sky got really dark yesterday and the wind picked up like it was going to storm, but we didn't even get enough to wet the sidewalk. On the radar you could see the storm moving just north of us.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. sigh

We didn't even get enough rain to reach the spigot in the rain barrel. Although it looks like the patch is holding and it's not leaking anymore.

I've got three sunflowers growing and replanted two more. I plan on digging a mound for the zucchini and pumpkins later this week. Otherwise, it's going to be all containers from now on. I have 2 big kitty litter containers that would work for next year and I'm sure I can come up with others little by litte.

Well, off to get Zach's uniform pants (and the rest of the colored clothes) out of the dryer so he can get dressed and off to work.

TTFN

No comments: