Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Heat continues

Not as bad as yesterday but pretty hot nevertheless. Professor isn't liking it and keeps wanting to go outside but when he gets out there it's hot and he wants back in. It's like he forgets or something.

Good news is I can't find a leak in the water barrel. I think the heat just evaporated the water or maybe it leaked out a bit from the faucet. It's possible I had used more water than I thought before, but I'm going to keep an eye on it and if the leak is on the very bottom it won't be very evident and I can check it out come winter when we bring it in the house. Otherwise I don't think I"m losing enough water to take it apart and look for it. I haven't lost anymore water from the last time I looked.

The detour in town has become a miserable experience. As long as the main intersection was open, the detour was a minor inconvenience but now that they're working there we have to drive through a maze of construction, unpaved roads, huge dropoffs (for a person with a car that sits very low to the road, that is) and confusing signs. If I didn't know this town so well, I would have been lost since the detour road also has signs that tell me the road is closed. And it will be like this until August, it seems.

I've got laundry to do but there is rain in the forecast so I didn't hang it up but it's too hot to use the dryer. Now it's to the point where I really can't hang the clothes out because of the supposed rain but need the clothes for tomorrow so I'll wait until sunset and just use the dryer. I thought about using the racks but I have to do two loads so Zach will have his black uniform pants and white uniform shirt (can't have them so I can wash in one load, can they?) for work tomorrow. And no way can I get two loads, especially when one of them has tons of white socks, on the racks. I should have just hung them out before I went to the store.

Hindsight...the universe's way of saying, "I told you so."

I've got to get reading, and I don't mean the internet. I've got two more books in at the library and I'm not done with what I've already got. One of the books is better just skimmed since there is information in it that I'm not really interested in but the others need to be read and savoured.

I managed to clean out a bit of the basement yesterday and found some yarn that someone had given me a couple of years ago. It's not good yarn, probably 30 years old and in brown skeins and off-white skeins, which I will never use but thought I had to hang onto because someone gave them to me, so they're off the the thrift store this week. If I can find some more things to send there, I will. I sometimes think the harmony of this house is seriously flawed because there is so much in this house nothing can flow through it. I can barely walk through the house without turning sideways. But because Tom hates to let anything go, especially something that his family gave him, even though they have probably forgotten they gave it to him, we are stuck with things that we never use. I would never throw away anything that was given to him personally. That would just be rude, but things given to "us" are just as much mine and I'm tired of playing the "but what about what I want" game. It's a head game he uses to get his way all the time. So I just don't bother playing anymore.

Well, time to fix supper so I'm off to find something that won't heat up the kitchen.

TTFN

No comments: