Friday, June 19, 2009

I feel like my week is just beginning

I had amazing sleep last night. I went to bed at about 11:30 p.m. and slept until 9 a.m. There was some waking up but not for long. The storm woke me briefly but after that it was daylight before I woke up again.

I think what helped was washing all the sheets and pillowcases and comforter and spraying the couch, pillows and surrounding area with flea/tick spray. I also bought some anti-itch cream for bug bites, which helped a lot. So far, no new bites.

I also got some tiki fuel for our tiki torches. I plan on spending time outdoors this summer, unlike all the summers we've lived here. Without some kind of help, you just can't do it because the mosquitoes are so bad. And I mean bad.

Unfortunately the bill after shopping put me into shock. I had to get some things for the car as well but it was twice what I normally spend. And I was so hoping to be able to put some money away this paycheck. I'm so frustrated.

I didn't buy any hamburger this time. I want to stop using it altogether, actually. Tom doesn't like ground turkey but it's cheaper and healthier. Granted, not good as hamburgers, but not bad in soups and chili. I'm also trying to eat less meat. I had some tuna salad for lunch but supper was a penne dish with spaghettie sauce and mozzarella cheese. No meat. No one noticed at all.

I bought two chickens that I will cook and shred so we eat the meat in casseroles or stews rather than as the main event. My family can eat a whole chicken in one setting. I remember when my mother used to feed a family of five on one chicken. We eat way too much in one setting.

Between the two chickens and I do have one package of hamburger left in the freezer, I think that will do us for the week. But I'm going to have to work harder at the meals and not just throw something together at the last minute like I usually do. Not to mention more baking and cooking during the day.

I have one sunflower coming up out of the five I planted so I'm going to get more out today. It looks like rain so I'd better do it soon. I still haven't gotten anything more planted, including in my pots. Technically I could do that indoors. I don't know why I don't.

I finally caught up on laundry except for putting it away. And I need to get more done inside, like vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. Hard cleaning. Not the surface stuff I'm used to doing. I'd love to better organize my kitchen so I can effectively work in there. The flow is just wrong. No counter space, no adequate storage. I wish I knew how to fix it.

Well, off to accomplish something since I have had all that sleep. Don't want to waste the energy since I don't know when I'll have it again.

TTFN

No comments: