Saturday, June 20, 2009

Blessed Summer Solstice, y'all

I'm seething right now and trying hard not to use this as a place to rant. I'll just say that all the effort I've made this summer to clean up the yard was wasted as someone decided to empty out the garage into the yard and back patio. And I'm ordered to leave it like that until the garage gets cleaned out. Not...until he cleans the garage. Until it gets cleaned out. I've been married for nearly 23 years so I know exactly who is expected to clean it out.

And since there are big items in there that have to go to the landfill, and since I've loaded up the truck four times now for him to haul them away only to have him unload it because he didn't want to drive around with it, I don't really want to go through that again.

I got to listen to his ranting today about how places are cluttered and how he's sick of it. And a huge explosion in the kitchen when a bunch of tools and such fell out of the cupboard onto the floor. And now are all over the kitchen counters so I couldn't fix supper tonight. I had to listen to doors being slammed. I guess this turned into a rant after all.

It's so hard to keep my mouth shut but I somehow managed to. His reward was to bring me candy as a "peace offering." Yep...that's what you give as a present to diabetics. Sugar.

We had to clean out the mice's cage today because Zach saw some little black critters moving around in there. We almost lost them when the temporary cage dropped onto the floor because the lid wasn't on tight enough. Okay, I was the one who dropped them. Ayeka didn't try to get out of the cage but Ryoko made a bee-line for freedom. We cornered her and got her back in the cage so they are safe and sound. Hannibal just laid on the couch and watched. It's odd how they know not to go after the pets.

Of course, if we hadn't been there, I'm sure he would have gone after them.

That reminds me of when we lived in San Diego and Pearl was still alive. Zach had two hamsters who were always getting out but never away. One morning I woke up and went in the kitchen to fix coffee. I got ready to throw the grounds into the trash can when the plastic, which was wadded up on the bottom of the can, moved. I looked into it and found one of the hamsters. Now, they couldn't possibly climb up on anything to get in there so the only possible explanation was that the cat caught the hamster and put her in the trash.

Seriously the only possible way it could have happened.

So the cage is clean and we have to clean it out every day and wipe down the mice with a washcloth and soap and water. It's not mites but I'm not sure what it is. I just checked the cage and the mice and I'm not seeing any more critters but I will be vigilant.

This might also explain all the itching and bug bites I've been dealing with. They jump like fleas but are tiny. And they definitely aren't lice either. (shudder) The living room has been sprayed well and will be sprayed every day for a week. I'm hoping that will do the trick.

I watched a weird movie last night: Babylon A.D. It wasn't that it was a bad movie, but it was very badly edited. The ending was like...huh? Unanswered questions, bad flow of plot. I guess the director hated the edit as well since they turned it into a different movie from the one he shot. Wow. The power of the editor.

It was hot today and I need a shower before bed. Zach won't be going to church tomorrow because he has to go into work early. I'm going without him although it would be nice to sleep in but I really need to connect with people other than Tom and Zach and I could use the spiritual boost. My world is really small.

I'm not sleepy like I was a couple of hours ago. Why does that always happen? Off to make up the bed and get ready for an early night, I hope.

TTFN




No comments: