Thursday, June 25, 2009

A sad day

Not a good day on the news front. The news stations are reporting that Michael Jackson has died from a heart attack. Farrah Fawcett died this morning. Makes you really aware of your own mortality.

I used to be stationed in Corpus Christi, TX and many times drove past Farrah's parents' house. One of the guys I worked with went to school with her.

I'll be upfront that I was not a fan of Michael Jackson. In fact, I believed the boys who accused him of molestation because, having been a victim myself, I believe the kids unless someone can prove to me it's a malicious lie. And that did happen in San Diego where a man was accused of some preposterous acts against children and it was obvious that the child protection social workers had couched the kids and led their imaginations into uncharted territory.

Some of the complaints against the kids were about inconsistencies and their pattern of lying. That's typical of kids who were sexually abused. In fact a lot of what was used by the defense against those kids are textbook characteristics of sexually abused children.

Those kids were believable to me.

'Nuff said.

Any time anyone dies from cancer, it puts me on alert. You'd think that it would make more of an impact on me as far as taking care of myself but so far, I don't seem to be doing it. But I'm always aware that my cancer can come back. I don't lose sleep over it and I don't think about it every minute of the day, but it's always in the back of my mind.

It's not as hot today, thankfully, but still mighty warm. I'm running out of rain water and the promised rain for the past few days hasn't appeared. I'm using dish water for the plants now and have told Zach to put a bucket under the faucet when he showers to catch the water that escapes from the faucet instead of the shower head. I've suggested it to Tom as well, but he won't do it. He thinks our water usage is minimal, but $30 a month isn't minimal to me.

I'm eating vegetarian today. I keep trying. I might get some exercise in later when it cools off. I didn't wake up until 11 a.m. today because I was still awake when the sun came up. No reason except for the darned insomnia.

Someone on Ravelry said something that really resonated with me about depression and lack of creativity and how living in an environment where you can't be open and have to hide what's inside you really affects you. It's not something new necessarily but it really hit me that things have got to change or I'm not ever going to be healthy again.

I've got a monstrous headache and couldn't figure it out until it occurred to me that I haven't eaten yet. So when I say I'm eating vegetarian I mean I will eat veggie. I'm cooking supper as I type. I don't know why I didn't eat. I just didn't think about it. I'd love to be in the position where food was just something to do to sustain myself instead of my security blanket.

I cut Zach's hair today, really short. I don't think he's had his hair that short since he was a toddler. It's strange to see him with short hair. And he shaved his goatee off. He claimed it was because of the heat and judging from all the hair on the floor, I can imagine how hot it was.

Well, supper is ready and I've got nothing to talk about. I'm such a bore. :-)

TTFN

No comments: