Monday, June 29, 2009

I made it for the Monday post...just barely though

This won't be a long post because it's nearly bedtime for me.

Yeah...right.

But still, not a lot to report.

I scrubbed the kitchen today and I'm ashamed to say how bad it was. But it's better now. Tom wanted me to take down my kitchen altar and put the spices back there but I compromised and made room in the cabinet by the stove where we keep the medicines. He doesn't know it's an altar to me. He just thinks it's some kind of decoration. And in a way, it is.

I'm not going to be going online while he's home because he's been reading over my shoulder for the past few weeks, reading aloud and asking me what I'm reading or why I'm reading it. I see what little privacy I've got ebbing away.

I know there is the possibility he might read this blog but so far he hasn't. I'll cross that bridge if I have to come to it.

It was cool today. Cool enough that I put on a light jacket when I went to pick Zach up from work. I loved it. I love an overcast sky and wind. There is a lot of energy in that. I didn't work outdoors at all and probably should have since it was nice and cool, but I did get some things accomplished indoors. Tom was off work today because he had planned to go up north to be with his brothers. But they weren't going to go up until this afternoon so he stayed home. No sense going up there by himself. So he waited all weekend for his brother to come visit, like he said he would. I don't know if he didn't make to our neck of the woods at all (their sister lives in town, too) or if he visited his sister and not Tom. If the latter is the case, Tom will be so hurt.

I think it's just a case of his brother having a short amount of time to spend and not wanting to travel all over Wisconsin to see everyone. Especially after making the trip up here from Kentucky. I'm the same way. When I visit my hometown, my family is really good at having a central location for a meetup so I don't have to put more miles on the car.

I do feel sorry for Tom though. He's having feelings of being left out because his older brother is retired and the younger one can spend all his time up here with him. And Tom has to go back to work tomorrow. It sucks to be him, for sure. Especially since all the hourly employees are getting paid for the 4th of July and he's not because he's salaried.

The Professor is nearly fully healed. He put full weight on his leg while he wee'd this morning and didn't wobble at all. And tonight when I got his treats out, he jumped up on the bed. That one amazed me because it's twice as high as he is tall. I took him off the aspirin last week. My partner in the altar guild is a vet tech and she said to just use the aspirin for pain from now on. Otherwise to discontinue it. Some vets don't like aspirin for dogs.

I'm done with the body portion of my purse and am working on the flap. I'm going to knit a book pouch since I almost always carry a book around with me. I don't carry my knitting and if I do take it to church for coffee hour, I use a different bag for it. And I want lots of compartments so I don't have to dig around in my purse anymore. And I want the shoulder straps long enough to go across my chest so I don't have to keep pulling it back up on my shoulder every two seconds.

I'm off to watch Hairspray again. I'm going to tape it for Zach to watch in his room but I'm fast running out of old tapes. The new vcr is pretty sensitive and kicks a tape out if it sticks even the least little bit and sometimes it chews up the tape. Most of these tapes are years old...like even 12 years old so I'm amazed they've lasted this long. I guess I'll see about getting some new ones if they still sell them. But not until the weekend. I don't dare go back to the store again and spend more money.

And for some reason all the mosquitoes are hanging out around the computer so I'm outta here.

TTFN

No comments: