Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wonderful cloudy Saturday

The sky is overcast and there is a nice breeze and rain in the forecast. And this time it looks like we will really get rain. Tom is outside working on the rain barrel. There were several small cracks in the bottom where the weight of the water pushing down on the very unlevel foundation (pieces of concrete broken up from the patio he started demolishing 10 years ago) he threw together cracked it. And when I told him I hoped he could get to the rain barrel this weekend, he didn't appear to understand that there was a problem with it. Even when I reminded him of the conversation he didn't seem to think I had mentioned it before. After talking with my altar guild partner, though, it seems to be a common occurrence in husbands.

I got about 4 hours sleep last night. We were infested with mosquitoes again. Even Professor was whining and nipping at them. I killed at least 15 before I fell asleep at around 6 a.m. And I used mosquito spray. I think it was a magnet for them.

I met with my priest today informally. She just happened to be at the church and since no one else was there and she had the time, we talked a bit. I feel so much better spiritually, especially knowing that the things I've been thinking aren't an aberration or even blasphemy at all. In fact, she seems to think in similar ways, albeit without the pagan overtones. I feel so much better. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wasn't even listening to my own advice: that spirituality should be as natural as breathing. I was trying to use cpr on it when it wasn't dying. I feel comfortable with my path now and at home again in my church.

I just checked on Tom and the rain barrel is fixed, the platform level and solid in time for the rain promised for tonight. I will say in his favor that he is very good at innovation and if he fixes something it stays fixed. In fact, in some cases things he has fixed will outlast the sun.

I plan on doing much of nothing the rest of the day and evening. I started crocheting a purse last night and changed my mind a couple of times about how I want it to look. Considering I'm designing on the fly, that's not too bad. It's a work in progress.

I watched Hairspray again last night. It was another one of those shows that didn't grab me the first time but the second time I became a huge fan and watch it every other day (that's the way onDemand works, apparently.) Same with Mrs Pettigrew Lives for a Day, except I loved that one the first time I saw it.

Just a couple of weeks before Half-Blood Prince comes out. I will avoid the crowds and wait until later to go. And only for the matinee. I don't pay full price for a movie if I can help it and most times I can help it.

I've got Midsomer Murders to watch tonight and a documentary on Celtic history from the library. But I think I'm going to watch The Royal and Doc Martin instead of taping them because my tapes are so old that they don't tape well. It speeds up in spots and fuzzes over. I thought about buying new ones but I'm not sure they even sell them anymore. I'm recycling some of my old tapes and I can get a few uses out of them before they go all gafuzzle so I'm going to do that for a while. Plus, it helps free up the space the tapes were using.

Tom is off to play poker with his brother and friends tonight and then up north tomorrow morning. Zach has to work more hours this week but only a couple of hours a day so I've got to drive him four times next week plus I've got to go to Fond du Lac for the rheumatologist. I'm thinking of going back on my arthritis meds. It's not so much because of the pain but for the flexibility I don't seem to have anymore. I really have a high pain tolerance due, no doubt, to many years of practicing by having constant pain without relief.

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. Mine is feeling great so far in spite of lack of sleep. Some of the books I've been reading have really made me do a lot of thinking about my circumstances and the attitude I've been taking about them. It really is what I make of it. If I continue to view my life as being in prison, I'll never feel free. I just need to take charge of my own happiness from now on.

TTFN




No comments: