Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It caught up with me

I'm really dragging.  I managed to dig out a flower bed for the hostas but not much more than that got done.  No drawing except for fixing some of the shading on my last picture because my brain is so tired I can't think of anything to draw.  No writing because I can't form a coherent sentence in my mind.  No knitting...yet.  I have more True Blood to watch so I will be knitting later on.  I started the second sock for my dad and worked on the blanket last night.  I didn't do the beaded scarf though.  Just didn't have the energy to think about yarn overs and moving beads.

I cheated and went to the store today because we were out of a couple of things but I used cash only and only bought what I went to get.  But we did stop at Wendy's and grabbed a sandwich off the dollar menu.  One sandwich and a value drink (which was free for me as a senior citizen) filled me up entirely.  I had gotten two sandwiches but gave the second one to Zach because I just couldn't eat it.  So we managed to eat out for around $5.  But we can't do that very often because even the pennies add up.

Professor walked on his leg almost all the time today. He rarely held it up at all, only when he caught his foot in the fringe of my sweater.  The tiny bit of aspirin I'm giving him seems to be helping with whatever inflammation and pain he has.  Problem is he doesn't trust me and won't eat anything I give him unless the cat eats if first so I have to give Hannibal un-aspirined food but in such a way that Professor doesn't notice it's different from his.

Pets can be such a pain.

Not unlike humans.

I wonder sometimes if my fatigue and depression are linked.  Because today I was at my lowest with self-esteem and didn't feel like any of my efforts at anything was worth it.  Not my drawing, not my writing, not my yard skills.  I will admit I'm not a gardener.  I know little about it even though I read a lot and I don't get that thrill digging in the dirt that some do.  I do it because it has to be done.  Same as with baking.  I really don't like to bake.  I don't like to cook either, for that matter.  But it has to be done and there is a certain amount of satisfaction in doing something valuable even if you don't enjoy it that keeps me going.

But not today.  Today I just want to lay on the couch.  I should feel pretty good that I had two good days in a row, which hasn't happened in a long time.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'm going to have to reschedule the mammogram.  I forgot I have to work the rummage sale at church that day and it's a work day for Zach so I would need to get him there.  I shouldn't have any problems rebooting to another day.

I got to thinking about something today and wondered if anyone else ever did this.  When I read blogs, I hear them in accents.  If the blog is from Australia or New Zealand, I tend to think of them as being read by Peter Jackson (or better yet...Hugh Jackman) even if they're written by women. If from Britain, they tend to be read by Felicity Kendal or Nathaniel Parker or Helen Mirren.  Does anyone else do this?

I do the same thing with books.

Although I do believe all fantasy books should be read with a British accent.  I have a hard time with fantasy movies in which the characters all have American accents.  It feels somewhat...fake...or something.  Something is missing at the very least.

Tom's getting hot dogs and potatoes tonight because I have no energy for anything else and nothing is thawed out anyway.  Oddly, that's what Professor is getting for supper, too.  He's getting wise to the peanut butter trick.

Off to watch tv and knit a bit.  I'm rethinking what I said yesterday about using the dryer.  I can't help thinking that my mindset should be on saving no matter how small the savings is.  But the clothes are still sitting in the washer because I haven't decided yet.  Or had the energy to do anything about it.

Ah, well.  Tomorrow.

TTFN


1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Your drawing is lovely. I wish I could draw!
Vicki