Monday, June 15, 2009

This was supposed to be Sunday's entry

I should be sleeping but, of course, I'm not. I didn't get a nap in today thinking it would make me sleepier but...here I am. I just finished watching How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria on BBCA. I peeked so I know who wins but it doesn't limit the enjoyment or entertainment value. I am a bit sleepy but thought I would log an entry before crashing.

I talked to my older son last night and upset him a lot over my spiritual choices. Come morning I wasn't as sure as I was before so I really thought about it and pondered it during church today. We had a wedding as part of the service, which was lovely if not a bit unsettling, but the visitors were what was distracting. Two women sat in front of us and chatted the entire time of the Eucharist. And giggled. And since we kneel during that time and they didn't, Zach was unable to kneel because they were planted on the back of the pew so there was no place for him to put his arms. He sat instead and tried not to look annoyed. I thought he succeeded.

There was a reception afterward and it was so boisterous I couldn't think. That's a good thing, by the way, because I needed not to think at this time. Just enjoy the company. But afterward Zach and I stopped at Subway for a cup of soup and talked. The bottom line is I can't leave Jesus behind. I may not agree with the nature of God as taught by traditional teachings and I do believe the Bible has been tampered with so the dogma of church authority could be established beyond a doubt (obviously it wasn't beyond a doubt, but...) but this Man still speaks to me and I need Him in my life. But I also can't deny that I find accepted witchcraft, folk lore, a pantheon of gods/goddesses and unlimited acceptance in the Bible and plan on incorporating them into my practices. I understand others don't find that there and I'm okay with that, but I do.

The closest path I can find would be Celtic Christianity which is also a significant part of my heritage. But mostly I just need to be intuitive and open to whatever He/She wants to teach me.

I've noticed that readership is down a bit. I thought about the possibility of that happening when I decided to talk about my spiritual choices. It's not that I don't care. I don't know who is out there so I can't even begin to please everyone. I have to be true to myself though. I hope those who have been here a while will understand. And know me well enough to know that I most likely won't be talking about it much at all. Only when it comes up in the course of my day. I don't like preachy blogs at all so I don't want to be one.

I managed to get some crocheting done today. Several rows, in fact. The nice thing about crocheting is that it goes quickly. But I'm missing knitting and plan on putting a row or two on the socks before I go to bed. Tomorrow looks to be an outdoor day so I need to get some sleep tonight.

I think I've been bitten by some kind of critters because I've got a couple of spots that won't stop itching. There don't appear to be bumps of any kind but those two spots are annoying me to no end. I take niacin (the doctor wanted to put me on Niaspan, which is in the $50 range on my co-pay, no thank you, not to mention a $25 co-pay for an office visit) which I got at Stuff Mart. I don't get the flush that Niaspan puts me through but the itching is there and it keeps me awake. I don't know if that's what this is since there isn't an insect bite anywhere.

Well, I think I'm ready for bed although I'm pretty sure once I turn off the lights I'll wake up like I always do. I don't really have anything to read right now so I'll have to rely on something boring on tv.

Much to do tomorrow with plantings, and turning the earth for a garden next year. And I've got laundry to finish as well.

TTFN

No comments: