Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I survived my annual physical

I don't know why I was so stressed.  Turns out I haven't gained as much as I thought I had.  In fact, it looks like I've lost a few pounds in the past month.  And she wasn't the least bit upset I had stopped taking some of my meds.  She gave me a list of prescriptions I can get a lot cheaper at Stuffmart.  I mean a LOT cheaper.

So as soon as my labs are back I'll be good to go.  My blood pressure was up though.  I don't know if it was the stress I felt from being there or if my lack of exercise is to blame.  So I only get those meds for 3 months.

She really is a nice doctor, so unlike the one in my imagination.

I woke up this morning with my right shoulder terribly sore.  I don't know if I slept wrong or what happened.  It matches my sore left neck though.  Now I'm symmetrically in pain.  I slept for a bit with the hot water bottle and that helped...not at all.  So I took some tylenol and if it doesn't ease up, I'll take a tramadol.

I did some knitting on the prayer shawl yesterday and made some progress.  I'm over halfway now.  I'll most likely work on it some more, too.  Along with the sweater coat I'm knitting.  I haven't done much on Zach's sweater so I should do that tonight instead of the socks I've been knitting.

I don't know why but I've been knitting my socks so they don't match.  On this pair, I've knitted one blue with a pink stripe, heel and toe.  On the second, it's blue with a green stripe, heel and toe.  I've other socks that are similar except they are mirror images of each other.  Ever since I knitted a pair of Dobby socks, I've been hooked.  I mean...who really sees them anyway?  But I should have several pair of worsted socks for this winter.  And they are so toasty warm.

I'm still not dieting (and I think that's why I've lost a few pounds) but I do need to start being more active.  That's just a common sense health thing.  I'm going to take my bicycle in the truck to other places so I can ride it.  Even the dr agreed that my city is bad for bike riding because of all the hills.  And I'm going to start taking the camera with me.  I wonder if I could be any good at photography.  I need to get some books from the library on it but it seems like it would be another good hobby and since it's digital, I don't need to waste money on film to see if the picture turned out.  I know my camera isn't great but maybe some day I'll have a decent camera.

Well, I'm off to fix supper.  Which is hard because I'm not hungry but we leave in a short while and I'm trying not to eat out, even on Zach's discount.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Ick congratulatios on the physical. I have mine on Mon. Hoping to turn out as well.
Giggles
Vicki