Thursday, October 2, 2008

Is it only Thursday?

Zach starts his job on Sunday afternoon and has a pretty decent schedule for his first week.  He's really blossomed this year, breaking out of his introverted nature to be more of a presence in his classes.  He still hibernates in his room at home, but that's okay because so do I.  I think he'll do very well at McSnacky's.  And heaven knows, the money will be nice.

I'm still struggling to figure out what to take food-wise because I'm so deathly sick of casseroles, let alone reheated casseroles.  We've eaten out far too much in the past two weeks.  I got out my other cookbooks and will attempt to make better tasting meals that reheating will actually improve the flavor instead of making it tough and nasty.

I took a 2 hour nap in the car today.  I didn't mean to but it was raining (thanks, weather guy...I listened to you tell me it wasn't going to rain and hung clothes out that I couldn't take down because I was 26 miles away!!!) and the car was cozy and it was so quiet at the back of the parking lot.  And this after 8 hours (yes, 8 hours!!) of sleep last night.  And I feel like I could fall asleep now.  I keep a pillow and throw in the car, so I just lay down on the back seat with my pillow and was out like a light.  I had the sun shade up on two sides of the car and no one could really see me unless they deliberately looked in so I was pretty safe.  Plus, the car was locked.  

Thursdays are my worst days because we leave at about 11 a.m. and get home at about 11 p.m. He's agreed to start driving close to home but we've got to get his permit renewed and I've been too tired to stand in line for an hour or so, but I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get that done.  I'm not going to make him drive to Fond du Lac because I don't think an inexperienced driver needs to drive country highways in the dark (and on faintly painted roads...it's hard enough for me to tell where the lines are) with drivers out there who think the middle of the road is their side and who drive with their brights on because, by golly, they've got to see where they're going.  And with the rain it's nearly impossible to find the lines at all.  He's nervous enough during the day.

So I should crawl into bed now because tomorrow is errand day and possibly get the permit day so it's going to be just more of the same.  And Saturday I'm going to do some cooking ahead of time so I don't have to get up early on Thursdays to cook supper at 9 a.m.  Who the heck knows what they want to eat for supper at 9 a.m.?

And Sundays are usually just as hectic with church and now getting Zach to work (thankfully I can drop him off because it's just about 7 miles away.)

On the knitting front, I worked more on Zach's sweater and am almost ready to divide the front for the neck.  I finished the socks and started on a small hat to wear around the house.  I found a pattern last winter and knitted the hat (I'll look for the link later) and loved it.  It comes to my ears, but not over them  and sits on my head without sliding up and off like most hats do (I must have a weirdly-shaped head because I can never keep a hat on.)  My hair has been thin in the front ever since chemo.  I use a lighter color and that helps it be more unobtrusive, but it still makes me self-conscious so the idea of wearing a hat for decoration appeals to me.   This one is lightweight enough that I don't really notice it.  And I'm thinking of knitting a ball cap and a cloche in cotton for summer.  Why not wear the fashion I like as opposed to something designed by someone sitting in a loft studio in New York who doesn't even know me?

It's time I started letting myself be myself.

I did work a bit on the shawl but I mostly played on the DS and slept today.  Off to watch season 2 of Bones and knit on the hat.  I hope to have pictures tomorrow even if the sun isn't out.  (And here's hoping my clothes will finally dry out tomorrow...on a day when rain is actually predicted.)

TTFN

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hurray for good napping. Being yourself is always a good strategy...it really takes less effort and you feel better doing it. :D