Friday, September 26, 2008

Another long week of days and nights

I was going to sleep in this morning as I haven't gotten a lot of sleep this week, but Professor was barking and whining to go out and Tom was sitting at the computer playing solitaire so I had to get up and let him out.  But what the hey...I had all of 4 hours of sleep so I guess it was time to get up.

I've been watching Wire in the Blood:season 2.  Love those British mysteries.  But I've not been doing a lot of knitting lately.  To be honest, I just don't have the energy to knit a lot.  It comes and goes and will come back for sure but I think instead of pushing myself, the sane thing to do is to just rest when I can.  I mean...I can watch television without knitting.  I know I can.

Tom liked the arrangement in the living room.  I knew he would but thought he might snipe about me rearranging the house again.  Still...I had to bring it up.  He never said a word about it. But that's going to be it for a while because I'm beat.  Got no energy.  And tomorrow I have to get up early to go to church for Altar Guild.

Zach has orientation at McSnacky after all.  He'll go tomorrow afternoon so I think I'll swing by Loose Ends to browse while he's there.  ETA:  they're not open when he has orientation so I'll have to browse some other day.  I might pick up some sock yarn because it's been a while since I've worked with it.  But I did find a pattern in Son of Stitch & Bitch for man socks using baby yarn.  I could use that for my older son's Christmas present.  I'd like to make him a sweater but at the rate I'm going it will be next year before it's done.

Still, I need to get myself back on track because Christmas is coming up.  I have lots of socks done already but no man gifts at all.  Yet so many projects in my queue.

I think I'll go take a brief nap and then just take the rest of the afternoon off.  I need some time alone in my room but it ain't gonna happen any time soon.  Not having a door, let alone a real wall, really puts a damper on trying for privacy.  And asking for it is like inviting people in.

Oh, and Miss Mouse was pretty active under my armoir in the wee hours this morning.  I'm just going to consider her a roommate and adopt her.

I'm taking suggestions for names.  I don't know the gender but since this household is Y-chromosome heavy, I think it's time we had another female in here.

Off to nap if Mr. Yappy Professor will let me.

TTFN

No comments: