Sunday, September 7, 2008

My weekend marathon

Wow.

I got Pasion de Gavilanes Friday and did a marathon, finishing up last night.  As I said, an abbreviated version of it but it was fun nonetheless.  I did pretty good figuring out what was going on.  I was only wrong on one thing and it was a very minor thing.  I think my two years of high school Latin and one year of college Latin helped immensely.  But I do have a Spanish textbook on hand along with a dictionary and that helped, too.

I loved the ending and since I'm almost there in the daily version of it, it will be so much better seeing all the missing bits.  I do think they rushed the ending a lot.

And the extra stuff was great...bloopers, interviews, behind-the-scenes stuff.  Great.

And so I got a lot of knitting done.  I finished the back of Zach's sweater and started the front. Worked on the market bag until I ran out of the colorway I was working with.  Now I'm just adding odd ends that I have left over from other projects.  I'll work some more on the prayer shawl now that it's cooler and I have Midsomer Murders to watch (3 episodes.)

We had a progressive dinner today at church but I wasn't up to it.  It was in the Madison area and I've had a sinus headache for two days (allergies and unable to take allergy medicine) so we didn't go.  I sometimes wonder about my lack of sociability.  Zach says I'm just an introvert and not to worry about it, that some people just don't need a lot of people around them, but Tom criticizes me about it and makes me think it's a failing of mine.  I really do just prefer to be at my home rather than a party.  I don't like travel much because I prefer to sleep in my own bed.  And I hate crowds.

Speaking of crowds, I missed the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool festival this year.  I really didn't have the money to spend on it but I also didn't want to go with Tom and he would have insisted on coming along with me.  Maybe next year.

Great news!!  Zach got his financial aid packet and got two grants and a federal loan that covers all of it.  Such a relief.  He's going to come out of two years of school with very little to pay back. Now if he could just get a job.  McSnacky didn't call back about the orientation so I don't know if it's still on or not.  They scheduled his first one when he had to be in class and said they would reschedule him but it's been two weeks...

I've been  thinking of knitting a sweater coat from a pattern I used about 14 years ago.  I really liked it and since my skills have improved since then, I thought I'd give it a go.  Plus, I can make it out of Red Heart yarn (don't stone me!) and it will be manageable financially.  The last one I made out of it was nice and soft and very comfortable to wear.  I wore it to death, in fact. It lasted about 7 years, to be honest.

But for now, I have a lot on my needles and need to finish something.  Although I am thinking of giving myself some sock yarn for my birthday.  And I'd love to start knitting some lace in laceweight yarn.  

But projects need to be finished and the Welsh top needs to be spun (fun!)  But it's still nice to have a queue.  Something to look forward to, for sure.

Hope everyone has a pleasant Sunday.  Mine has been so far.

TTFN

No comments: