Wednesday, September 24, 2008

She knits!

I did get some knitting done last night.  I cast on another pair of worsted socks.  This time in a heather blue color and I'm using some light green and pink to knit a swirl in it.  Just something different.  Next pair I'll do more with textures.

Bad night for sleeping.  The pain wouldn't let me stay asleep and I didn't want to max out on my pain pills so I just toughed it out.  I eventually got a hot water bottle for my back and that did the trick.  But I didn't think of that until about 5:30 a.m.

But we also had some barking and meowing going on.  Apparently the mouse is still alive and kicking because Hannibal woke me up from my first attempt at sleep making those strange mrowling noises.  I turned on the light and he came running in to my room searching for mousie. I think she got away again because no bits and pieces anywhere.

I'm going to have to name her.  Any suggestions?

Then there was an altercation of some kind down the street at the intersection on the highway which ended with cars peeling out and the Professor barking and growling.  He went nuts this morning because there were two squirrels in the yard and while Tom did attempt to keep him quiet so I could sleep he would not be calmed.

So, after 3 hours sleep, I decided to just get up.  I can sleep in the car once we get there.  

Oddly, I had an excess of energy today.  I not only rearranged the living room (and it looks darned good, if I do say so) but I scrubbed down the kitchen.  And I'm still not tired.  See?  It's the stupid fibromyalgia, not the lack of sleep.

Zach stopped in at McSnacky to grab a sandwich on the way to school yesterday and the asst manager asked him if he could make orientation on Saturday.  So...he's still got a job.  We might just make it this winter.  

I've got to break down and reprint Zach's sweater pattern.  I need to finish something besides socks.  Although I have made a lot of progess on the prayer shawl.  I'm over halfway now.

Well, off to cook supper to take along tonight.  My new eating plan is working very well.  I'm starting to think of food as food and not my enemy or my security blanket.  And I'm not thinking about food 24/7.  I let myself go nuts and eat whatever I wanted (except sugar...being diabetic and all) and now I'm tired of  that stuff and am craving healthy foods.  I sure hope this does the trick.

Have a great Wednesday.  Probably won't post tomorrow because that's the 13 hour day in Fond du Lac.

TTFN

No comments: