Saturday, September 27, 2008

Goodbye, Miss Mouse

I caught her with a towel and let her go outside.  Hannibal was playing with her again without any intentions of putting her out of her misery so I decided enough was enough.  She didn't look damaged but she was walking a bit wonky so she may have broken a leg or something.  I looked for her this morning outside and she's nowhere to be seen so I hope she was able to make her escape. I put her in the long grasses so she had plenty of cover.

It's times like this that make me consider vegetarianism.  And I probably could stick with it if I didn't have to cook meat for the other people who live here.

Another day away from home and me a homebody!  I keep thinking that someday I will actually have a day off, but who am I kidding?  I managed to get some knitting and Harry Potter listening done while waiting in the car.  I had intended to just drop Zach off for his orientation but he forgot his phone and didn't know if he could use theirs so he asked me to wait thinking it would only be half an hour or so.  Instead it was an hour and a half.  But we got supper for half price so I'm not complaining.  Too much.

The temps are cooling today and will likely last throughout next week.  I love it because sitting in a hot car isn't fun.  I have found a shade tree at the back of the parking lot in FDL but it's still been warm.  There is a breeze just coming up outside right now and it feels ever so good.  

I did most of the work for the altar by myself today.  I was glad Betsy was there to answer my questions but I wanted to do it all by myself if possible.  That's how I learn best...by doing.  I really enjoy it but today I was a bit off spiritually.  I so desperately need some time by myself to sort some things out.  Not time in a parking lot with people walking around, but time in my room where I'm just left alone to think or read or pray or meditate.  Whatever it takes to heal these bruises in my soul.  And that's just never going to happen unless I make it happen.

I guess I'll have to find the time somehow.  If you want something badly enough you find the time for it.  I'll just have to start wanting it badly enough.

My annual physical is Tuesday and I've been having imaginary conversations with my doctor for a month now.  I've gained back nearly all the weight I took off and I've been off my cholesterol meds for a few months now.  I feel like I'm being sent to the principal's office.  Ack!  Why do I let people make me feel like this?  And I need to schedule my mammogram which I'm going to have to pay out of pocket because the insurance company doesn't give me a free one anymore.  It comes out of the deductible, which is high and going up the first of the year.  

Things aren't getting better as I get older.  We're just falling down deeper into the pit, it seems.

I think I'm off to do dishes and then slip into my pajamas for the night.  I've got tons of things to watch on dvd and Zach's sweater to work on.  I'm almost to the neck.

TTFN

No comments: