Thursday, February 9, 2012

Still surfing that wave

This is apparently a long ride this time but it will end.  They always do.  What would help is if I could just stay in bed and do nothing but with all these appointments and errands I haven't had that luxury.

Damned depression!

Good news is that Zach's ingrown toenails were taken care of in the office with little effort and cost.  It helps if you know what to look for, I guess.  So no more treatments and all we owe is the co-pay.  And the doctor was really nice.

Not so good news:  the dr's office called before we left and Zach's blood work raised a couple of flags and they want to do more tests so we have to run him back there for labs.  I wish they would tell you what the problem is instead of being vague.  I mean...it's your frelling labs; you should be entitled to the information.  So off we go tomorrow afternoon for another appointment.

He found out today that he's scheduled for both an endoscopy and a colonoscopy.  That will eat up the $700 deductible right there.  Now we need to contact the insurance company and find out if it's okay.  He rescheduled since it was next week and there was not enough time to do all that.  We have a month to get it all straight now.  I frelling hate insurance companies.  It's all about profit and nothing about the patient.

End of rant.

For now.

I got pizza for everyone tonight and I'm going to bed.  Now.  I didn't sleep much last night because we had to get up early; plus, Professor needed out twice.  I'll get even less sleep on the day of Zach's  procedure as we need to be in Fond du Lac by 9:30 a.m. and it's about an hour drive up there.  And who knows how long the procedure is.

Well....I'm off to bed.  I've got a sinus headache...the first in a year...so I'm taking a cold capsule, some echinacea and going to bed.

TTFN

No comments: