Monday, February 6, 2012

Home from ice fishing

A whole lot of nothing got done this weekend.  Normally while Tom is gone I clean but I just wasn't up for it this time.  It happens.

He got home in the wee hours this morning because he stayed to watch the Super Bowl with his brother.  Good times but the drive home was hard for him.  He was a bit cranky getting ready for work this morning.

I really do need to get something done but the depression is bad right now and I'm riding the wave until it's over.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to clean.  I'm doing the bare minimum now, which is enough.

I did get some knitting done last night.  I worked on the bamboo-patterned socks, the dvr cover and the cover for Zach's desk.  I should get back to work on the sweater but I'm having trouble concentrating due to the depression so that's off the table until I'm back to speed.  I know my limitations.

Zach is doing very well on his Weight Watcher's plan.  I've dropped out because the depression makes it nearly impossible to cope with that on top of everything else.  When I can I'll jump back on, but maybe not WW.  I might just count calories instead.  It's hard enough trying to help Zach keep track.  But I must say he's doing a marvelous job.  Has already reached his first goal and had his points lowered.  His podiatrist appointment is this week, and the upper endoscopy is next week.  It will be tough to maintain his momentum with the various hurdles he has to jump over.  I'll do what I can to keep him on target. 

I'm heading to bed early tonight because I'm tired.  Didn't get to bed until after 4 a.m. and Professor wanted out for a wee at around 8.  Tom woke me up swearing loudly in the kitchen around 10:30. ..much too early for me.  (He spilled something.)  I couldn't get back to sleep after that.  And since I didn't get a lot of sleep while he was gone due to a dog who wanted to wee every 3 hours at night, I'm dragging and a bit cranky myself.  All that on top of depression.

Did I mention that depression sucks?  I might have said that on another blog or seven.

Off to finish up supper and then to bed.

TTFN

No comments: